For Sale 1969 300 coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I followed up on a lead today and took a good look at a very nice 1969 300 coupe in Birmingham Al. A Florida car that was bought from an estate. Engine was rebuilt and slightly modified, sounded great. Will run and drive once the rear brake hose is located and installed.
Nicely repainted in the original T7 over a very rust free body, (some rust in the dutchmans panel in the glass channel, but minor). nice & straight. Excellent original interior. P/S,P/B,P/W,P/DS,cruise,factory A/C car.

DSC03478.JPG
DSC03480.JPG
DSC03488.JPG
DSC03489.JPG
DSC03481.JPG
DSC03524.JPG
DSC03525.JPG
DSC03526.JPG
DSC03527.JPG
DSC03528.JPG

It looks like it was in the final stages of reassembly by a very meticulous owner when he died. Everything cleaned, labeled, bagged and marked. Almost all the original parts removed are there. I did not see the A/C compressor and hoses but there are 5 tables full of boxes and parts, including a lot of Challenger parts.

The owner is a Ford guy with several Mustangs. He bought this 300 and a Challenger, (already sold), because it was a good deal. Aside from making the 300 road worthy he doesn't want to get involved in detailing and restoration. Tremendous potential for a beautiful 69 300 with little effort.
His name is Matt Veal, call or text at 205-441-3197.

same exact interior as my 69 300 rag minus the buckets. That dutchman looks like it has had work already started with that mesh.

[QUOTE="mdh157, That dutchman looks like it has had work already started with that mesh.[/QUOTE]

I saw some epoxy and glass screen too Mark, Typical of a vinyl top car. But the damage is minimal and the rest of the car is rust free.

Is that a Challenger steering wheel? Looks like a rim blow.

Dumb question. Is that Tuff wheel original? I didnt think you could get them on a car like that.

DSC03491.JPG
DSC03479.JPG
DSC03494.JPG
Dumb question. Is that Tuff wheel original? I didnt think you could get them on a car like that.

You couldn't. It's Challenger wheel, (the original wheel is pictured). The car has suffered several parts swapped but nothing that could not be reversed. Most of the original parts are included.

Great colors especially with that vinyl roof color combined. Classy. Seems like a really good car to me too. The seats look unusually nice for 88K miles, maybe replaced when the car was repainted? The dashpad looks gross - is it just the dried up slime that oozes out of those over time or some kind of sun damage too? The steering wheel looks really great too, as they usually cracked long ago for most of these cars. I would yank the bump strip and put back the three pin stripes that should go down the side of the body instead (and hope the repaint would not come off). In the past, I would have bought this one quickly but I still have way too many cars. Sigh.

Great colors especially with that vinyl roof color combined. Classy. Seems like a really good car to me too. The seats look unusually nice for 88K miles, maybe replaced when the car was repainted? The dashpad looks gross - is it just the dried up slime that oozes out of those over time or some kind of sun damage too? The steering wheel looks really great too, as they usually cracked long ago for most of these cars. I would yank the bump strip and put back the three pin stripes that should go down the side of the body instead (and hope the repaint would not come off). In the past, I would have bought this one quickly but I still have way too many cars. Sigh.

you have too many cars?
Do you need help :)
Haven't tried it this month yet

Carsten

I never asked...
Any Formals in your too many collection?
Good question Stan, but no, I have never owned a formal, and I only have one model year slabside - a 1965 Chrysler 300L. I like mostly the fuselage cars and the forwardlook cars. The formals gave very nice rides and felt luxurious and were very quiet when I drove them home from the facility where I worked on quality audit drives at night when I worked for Chrysler, but the styling never rang any bells with me. We all have different tastes, and who knows why!?

Apart from the fact that the engine has been rebuilt (as is mentioned in bluefury's posting), it's a TNT-engined car according to the VIN and the block stamping.

I followed up on a lead today and took a good look at a very nice 1969 300 coupe in Birmingham Al. A Florida car that was bought from an estate. Engine was rebuilt and slightly modified, sounded great. Will run and drive once the rear brake hose is located and installed.
Nicely repainted in the original T7 over a very rust free body, (some rust in the dutchmans panel in the glass channel, but minor). nice & straight. Excellent original interior. P/S,P/B,P/W,P/DS,cruise,factory A/C car.

View attachment 104534 View attachment 104535 View attachment 104536 View attachment 104538 View attachment 104539 View attachment 104540 View attachment 104541 View attachment 104542 View attachment 104544 View attachment 104545

It looks like it was in the final stages of reassembly by a very meticulous owner when he died. Everything cleaned, labeled, bagged and marked. Almost all the original parts removed are there. I did not see the A/C compressor and hoses but there are 5 tables full of boxes and parts, including a lot of Challenger parts.
wow, looks like a TNT car. any word on price or if it's sold yet? thanks.
Dale

View attachment 104534 View attachment 104535 View attachment 104536 View attachment 104538 View attachment 104539 View attachment 104540 View attachment 104541 View attachment 104542 View attachment 104544 View attachment 104545

Somebody really needs to jump on this. . .

wow, looks like a TNT car. any word on price or if it's sold yet? thanks.
Dale

Call Matt at the number listed. He's a good guy to talk to and will likely be very open to fair offers as the car is out of his range of interest.
I would call it a solid #3 condition.
Collector Car Market Review Value Report
1969 CHRYSLER 300 440-350hp (8cyl-4V) AT

MOBILE
#5 #4 #3 #2 #1
2dr Convertible 1575 4575 10425 14875 24250
2dr Hardtop 700 1900 4650 8225 12950
4dr Hardtop 625 1600 4250 6775 10175

Add:
440-375hp (8cyl-4V) 10%
Deduct:
No air conditioning -10%