For Sale 1969 300 coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
104 octane boost and 93 premium! I'm sure this thing has embarrassed a few mustwangs.
I kinda doubt that, unless the Mustang driver was caught off guard. I had a 70 300 with TNT, upgraded with 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust and good ignition, but otherwise stock and with 3.23SG. Was a strong running car but a typical 87-93 5.0 would be faster. Newer GT? Not even close...

For my taste too much money for what it is.
It needs also a headliner and all the dash lights arent't working too. :(
1969 Chrysler 300

I'll never understand why people put a car up for sale, then say more details or more pics or whatever available at some point in the future when I get around to it. These must be the people that always turned their schoolwork in late and incomplete.

As we saw a little in the pics above, this teaser ad might be to get people excited so they later overlook the other things that need fixed.

Yep, he's over the top with that price. Those pics were taken before the pic's I posted.
I estimated the "as is" value to him as around $5-6K with all the original parts.
He's in a learning curve.

And 5-6 would be a good deal for a C-body guy, I would even hafta consider it.
I hope this car doesn't get musical-chaired amongst brokers and flippers and end up forsaken at a $17,500 asking price.

I followed up on a lead today and took a good look at a very nice 1969 300 coupe in Birmingham Al. A Florida car that was bought from an estate. Engine was rebuilt and slightly modified, sounded great. Will run and drive once the rear brake hose is located and installed.
Nicely repainted in the original T7 over a very rust free body, (some rust in the dutchmans panel in the glass channel, but minor). nice & straight. Excellent original interior. P/S,P/B,P/W,P/DS,cruise,factory A/C car.

View attachment 104534 View attachment 104535 View attachment 104536 View attachment 104538 View attachment 104539 View attachment 104540 View attachment 104541 View attachment 104542 View attachment 104544 View attachment 104545

It looks like it was in the final stages of reassembly by a very meticulous owner when he died. Everything cleaned, labeled, bagged and marked. Almost all the original parts removed are there. I did not see the A/C compressor and hoses but there are 5 tables full of boxes and parts, including a lot of Challenger parts.
so, is the current color of the vinyl top close to original? or has it faded? thanks.

It looks to me like all it needs is a good cleaning.
thanks a lot, i just asked you to email if you had time, if not, no problem. just had a few more quick questions about your impressions of the car. thanks for whatever you have time for.

Well, guys, I rolled the dice again, bought this 300 and may have come up short this time. However, I’m in good hands with Gary who tends to be more optimistic than me. Either way, he’s been great and very much appreciated on his assistance, and is letting me rent space for this car too. (I’m now out of town visiting the folks.)

So, from the original post, I assumed that the original parts came with the car, so I never really asked. Anyway, on the day it was being picked up, I was told that he was only selling the car and the following the following to complete the car

chrome trim for vinyl top

driver’s door panel

Of course, after talking to him and considering the post that Will did, he never really said any of those parts would go with the car. I just assumed and should have asked.

One possible good side, he does "seem" like a fair guy after talking to him several times. So he basically was saying there's a bunch of parts, even a box labeled 300 grille and he thought there was a dash too, and two TNT breathers. He says that all that came off the car was the valve covers, the oil pan (and i would assume the cam) He also said that one of the TNT breathers said "1966" on it. anyway, I went ahead and inquired about him selling the parts and he says he needs to go through them and i think his brother is tied into this some way too (see title mess below) so, he said they would take photos of all parts and send eventually and give me first shot at them, and a "discount" for the misunderstanding. He also mentioned something about having to come to Charlotte and that perhaps he could bring them. anyway, considering I have not much of a choice, I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (he had been through recent family issues and was very busy with his business through the whole process) It still seems it would have seemed natural to keep at least the breather, valve covers, original cam, steering wheel and oil pan with the car. I just assumed being original to the car he would. But, perhaps there are that many parts maybe even some that belong on another C body. And of course there's weird title issue (See below) and to be honest I've forgotten how soon inspections are needed, etc or if deadlines for registering, so I just sent the following question to the DMV with an image of the title (at least he sent me that) The car also has some electrical "gremlins" as Will relayed it to me.

So, i guess I’ll hope for the best, and try to “deal” to get some of the “original” parts to the car, including the small blue book that included entries from previous owner (I assume it’s not there either, Gary can tell me if he sees it or not.) (also included some photos the seller sent me a while back)

As usual, open to any suggestions, opinions or criticisms……

Also, thanks to Will for his input and information.

ONE QUESTION: any idea if the 440 emblem above front sidelight is factory installed?

Dale

Sent By: Dale Sauter Date/Time: 12/16/2016
Comment:

License_Plate_Number: N/A
VIN: N/A
hi, first if possible, I would prefer if you can email me the answer, but if need to call, I will try and asnwer, or you can text. I am buying a 1969 model car from AL and it's coming to NC.

i wondered what my deadlines are for getting it titled, I know it has to be inspected as well. I will be out of town for a few weeks, that's the main reason I am aksing. Also, there's a bit of confusion with the title. I am buying it from Matt Veal, however, as you can see from teh attachement, the title is signed by his brother. Can you tell me what they would need to do to the title in order for me to get it registered in my name here in NC? thanks.

DSC03491.JPG

IMG_1109.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

Dale I am very happy for you! Glad you found another one to save. You better get someone to look into that Cbody addiction you are acquiring its contagious...:)

Dale I am very happy for you! Glad you found another one to save. You better get someone to look into that Cbody addiction you are acquiring its contagious...:)
thanks, bro, and yes, you are correct....that must be it for a long time (but hopefully not forever) (damn such things as mortgages) but, it is a TNT, and you know my obsession with those "too" of course, now there will be at least 5 factory original red on white TNT converts for sale tomorrow, but i guess that's the way it goes...thanks again

Congrats!
I would've thought those extra parts would be included, I'd esp think he'd want to swap out that Tuff steering wheel? Good luck getting all that stuff, hopefully he is reasonable on the deal.

For being late on registering a car in IN - I think you have 30 days to get it done, and if you're late they charge a delinquent fee, it used to be $5. I would NOT have mentioned to the BMV that the guy you bought it from was not the guy on the title, as that is technically illegal for the guy who sold the car, it's called skip-titling (in IN anyway). It is no consequence to you, but could become a PITA for paperwork, so I would NOT pursue it. If the title is dated and signed, just do the out-of-state inspection and register it at the BMV as any normal title (cuz that's what it is).

And no, the 440 emblems are not stock, somebody added them.

The 440 emblem over the cornering light is not factory...looks like a 70 Sport Fury piece.

Congrats!
I would've thought those extra parts would be included, I'd esp think he'd want to swap out that Tuff steering wheel? Good luck getting all that stuff, hopefully he is reasonable on the deal.

For being late on registering a car in IN - I think you have 30 days to get it done, and if you're late they charge a delinquent fee, it used to be $5. I would NOT have mentioned to the BMV that the guy you bought it from was not the guy on the title, as that is technically illegal for the guy who sold the car, it's called skip-titling (in IN anyway). It is no consequence to you, but could become a PITA for paperwork, so I would NOT pursue it. If the title is dated and signed, just do the out-of-state inspection and register it at the BMV as any normal title (cuz that's what it is).

And no, the 440 emblems are not stock, somebody added them.
thanks very much !

Patience is a virtue when it comes to finding the right car with the right equipment (i.e. TNT).
I think you did much better on this car that the 70 300 I looked at for you back in September. Congrats!
If more members post these finds like bluefury361 did, I think we'd all find our next treasure.

Patience is a virtue when it comes to finding the right car with the right equipment (i.e. TNT).
I think you did much better on this car that the 70 300 I looked at for you back in September. Congrats!
If more members post these finds like bluefury361 did, I think we'd all find our next treasure.
thank you, sir. and yes, thanks to Will again....

Congradulations Dale. You got a nice car. I hope you did not assume all the parts were included by something I said. I tried to make it clear that they "SHOULD" be included, but did not know if that was true.
Many of the parts he has are for totally different models and years of Chryslers.
Will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back