Status
Not open for further replies.

barnfind

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine
1969 Chrysler Crown Imperial Limo

1969 Chrysler Crown Imperial Limo (one of six)
Used by Bob Hope

1969 Chrysler Crown Imperial Limo
VIN #YM41K9C145568
106,000 miles

This Limousine is one of six built by Armbruster-Stageway Coach Builders in 1969. This one was commissioned by Chrysler Corporation for Bob Hope's use during the year he was filming commercials in Hollywood for Chrysler Corporation. This limo transported Mr. Hope from Palm Springs to Los Angeles and back on the days he was filming. After the years contract was fulfilled, this limo was sold to Barker Motors a Chrysler dealer, in Eugene, Oregon. It was purchased from Barker's in 1980 by John Case and was used in his limousine company (Classic Chauffer) in Oregon from 1980 until 1983.

The car has been maintained to a hight standard and is great condition. Kept in heated storage since 1980. The car is very well preserved. The interior is a time capsule with no rips or tears in the upholstery. The mechanics on this car are very solid, the floors are great with no corrosion. There are some paint blemishes on the hood. This car is stunning to stand in front of and makes a statement anywhere it goes.

The six limousines built by Armbruster were 30 inch stretches. they have glass dividers, rear facing companion seats behind the divider, center bar console with a decanter and six glasses, rear radio and heat/air controls. These Imperial Limousines are extremely rare and a great addition to any collection. Classic style $80,000.00

00B0B_3p30mQo8irl_600x450.jpg
00J0J_hTM6r47Mdg2_600x450.jpg
00404_6PK2Sj0xCLC_600x450.jpg
00s0s_iCwvVSxAKDy_600x450.jpg
00E0E_74t0dBBELhE_600x450.jpg
00Q0Q_2NGwiLYF0qx_600x450.jpg
00S0S_ciErvX3O9C7_600x450.jpg

These are 'Alternative Facts"

It'd want to be good for $80K and you have to wonder how it really is after the Limousine company had used it up.

Hopefully they have proof that Bob Hope had been driven in it, otherwise it's just BS.

I'd keep the $80K in the bank if I had it to spare.

True, just riding in it makes no difference, may as well be selling a taxi he once rode in too. I just meant that if they claim Bob was driven in it, without documentary proof to someone that may want it for that reason, it's just a nice Limo.

Bob Hope fans are all but gone.... Even with proof of riding in it or ownership, Bob Hope? Really? a nice conversation piece but.... Im more fixated on the 1 of 6

Maybe if they found some of Bob's DNA still in the car,,,,,,,,,hmmmm

Ghia Crown Imperial limousines are nicer, built in the traditional method, with the back seat passengers sitting behind where the rear door ends. This one is really not much different in style to airport stretch cars, not as 'classy'. However; being a 1 of 6 Imperial, I wouldn't mind owning such a rare car, but $80K?
In comparison, a few years back a 1964 Ghia limo in excellent condition sold for $93,500 http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1964-CHRYSLER-IMPERIAL-LIMO-BY-GHIA-66311

I picked up on this one late...
Maybe if they found some of Bob's DNA still in the car,,,,,,,,,hmmmm
Eww...
Bob Hope fans are all but gone.... Even with proof of riding in it or ownership, Bob Hope? Really? a nice conversation piece but.... Im more fixated on the 1 of 6
Agree
Anyone notice anything in that front end shot? '70 grille and signal lights. Compare to my sig.
Thanks... that adds to the questions.
After the years contract was fulfilled, this limo was sold to Barker Motors a Chrysler dealer, in Eugene, Oregon. It was purchased from Barker's in 1980 by John Case and was used in his limousine company (Classic Chauffer) in Oregon from 1980 until 1983.
Does anyone else feel like an important decade of this car's life was left out or glazed over?
00202_hPV8YzixxhL_1200x900.jpg

Is this where the floor was extended? I wonder how much engineering really went into this stuff. I have worked on a number of limos over the years, and you always wonder how they will take jacking while you are doing it. Like many convertibles, but worse, you do this with closed doors and don't dare try to open them... and just hope nothing buckles. I saw a rusty stretch once that didn't quite recover it's door gaps after being jacked up.

If you get one Dave, I want a ride. Otherwise, I think a wagon is a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back