1969 L Code 440HP Sport Fury

Fury Pursuit

Reaction score
This ole' blue girl followed me home,....I didn't have the heart to turn her away!

To the best of my knowledge and research they only made a handful of these cars,...quite rare. The best part,....NON/AC car!!!!!!!!!

Do other members besides Carsten and Rick have one?
440 hood 69 Fury.jpg
440 hood 69 fury 2.jpg
440 hood 69 fury 1.jpg
69 440 l code engine.jpg
69 440 l code engine 1.jpg

Damn that radiator looks big. I always tought that -68 was last year for those round topped radiators.

This ole' blue girl followed me home,....I didn't have the heart to turn her away!

To the best of my knowledge and research they only made a handful of these cars,...quite rare. The best part,....NON/AC car!!!!!!!!!

..................................................................................................................................

Carsten does have the red conv and Rick......?

There was a orig 69 440 sport fury for sale in Arkansas about 5 years ago , gold/light brown with a lot of dents and dings but orig .
Think the price was $8500,-

..................................................................................................................................

There was a orig 69 440 sport fury for sale in Arkansas about 5 years ago , gold/light brown with a lot of dents and dings but orig .

Martin likes to collector rare 69
DSC08235.JPG
440's

You got a lot of Ball's Buying such a Rare Car and giving Us almost 0 information about it. No one likes a Tease.

Last edited:
Well the suckies just keep getting suckier.....

That has to be one awesome find and I'm completely jealous..

I believe he's referring to my 69 Sport Fury 440 HP.

fury 440 hood emblem 1.jpg
Congrats! I can't wait to see more pics. I can't recall ever seeing that red 440 sticker/emblem before. Very cool!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yea, the 440 engine "call-out" is quite rare. These are B and C body applications 1968-1969.

I've seen the hood emblems on many Furies before, but it seems not all cars came with engine CID "call-out" on the emblems. 318, 383, 440, and BLANK.

I'm not sure if only HP cars got them or they were model specific, i.e., Sport Fury, VIP etc.

Maybe Kevin or other folks know.

Last edited:
00O0O_96CAEdPB1sa_600x450.jpg
More pictures Please!

I'll post more photos when I can and when the weather will permit. I worked a 14 hour day yesterday. I'm looking at 12 today and Sunday, and I'm not at the cars location, so give me a minute.

Thanks for the positive comments,...hopefully I will be able to show it soon.

This car has an optional switch that makes the top go "up" and "down", which is a good option. It's numbers matching, and it has some other additional options too.

Last edited:
Great car!.....Yes round top radiator still around in 69 and is actually only 22". But should have a dual snorkel right guys?

Back