1970 300 body line

Fireguyfire

Reaction score
So I’m finally at the point of prepping the rear half of my 1970 300 convertible for paint.
The car had some very crude body work and a repaint years ago at the top of the rear wheel arches.
As you can see in the photo someone just bent up a 90 degree piece and welded in along the top of the wheel arch, not taking any consideration of the body line that runs just above the wheel arch and they then shaped the quarter with bondo.

I’m going to make proper repair patches for these areas but I need a couple of good reference photos so that I know how that body line above the rear wheel arch should look.
It would be great if someone could post up a couple of photos showing how that body line should look just above the rear wheel arch so that I can replicate it in my repair panels.

Cheers!
IMG_4646.jpeg

When I get out in the garage later today, I will snap some pics of my '70 300. Its on my lift, so I can get some good shots.

Perfect John, exactly what I need. The body line is slightly less raised but still clearly there which they butchered on mine.

Last edited:
Back