ORIGINAL RADIO WORKS
FRONT TIRES ARE BRAND NEW - REARS ARE 80%
TRUE CLASSIC SURVIVOR
CLEAN, CLEAR ILLINOIS TITLE
PHONE CALLS ONLY PLEASE
$7900 OBO

00g0g_fcsuflQ5ALv_1200x900[1].jpg

1970 CHRYSLER 300 ALL ORIGINAL 41,000 MILES 440 TNT AUTOMATIC

Mayby they changed only the covers? It's hard to see but the engine looks orange under the filter...
does sound good either way. Called the guy and he is not the original owner. He said he ran the block number online or something, but didn't claim to be an expert. I told him what letters should be what and if he finds out to let me know, but he wasn't where the car was stored. Like you say, probably won't last long anyway, TNT or not...if i hear anything, I'll pass it on.

Dale

does sound good either way. Called the guy and he is not the original owner. He said he ran the block number online or something, but didn't claim to be an expert. I told him what letters should be what and if he finds out to let me know, but he wasn't where the car was stored. Like you say, probably won't last long anyway, TNT or not...if i hear anything, I'll pass it on.

Dale

If you chat again, perhaps ask him the post the "fender tag" (E85 or E86) and/or provide fifth letter of VIN (T or U). This will help sort out the engine thing.

Real nice car though :)

If you chat again, perhaps ask him the post the "fender tag" (E85 or E86) and/or provide fifth letter of VIN (T or U). This will help sort out the engine thing.

Real nice car though :)
sure, will do. Suppose one should be concerned of the underneath too (?) I doubt at that price, he'll be forced to take photos of the underneath (nothing like seeing it in person I guess)

sure, will do. Suppose one should be concerned of the underneath too (?) I doubt at that price, he'll be forced to take photos of the underneath (nothing like seeing it in person I guess)

topside gives indicators its a clean car all around, but yeah i believe youre right. at that price and age of the car and wherever its been for 46 years (climate-wise), a few really good underside shots would help everybody out with it.

and yup, nothing like eyes on to help seal/kill a deal on it. best HD camera ever invented .. the human eye. :)

thanks!

After verification of the VIN and fender tag...I would verify the casting number on the block to authenticate the TNT engine.

seeing the identifying marks on the hard parts is good too like 1978 NYB said. VIN/Tag doesn't mean the original engine is still there.

but i thought the R/B block castings (6-7 years in a row, through early 70's) were the same? not debating/argument starting .. just what i thought. :)

casting starts with a "2", ends with "30"? but I am perfectly happy to be educated on this. there's probably a thread somewhere here where this was topic was flogged pretty good.

finding "HP" stamp on the "pad" would be nice too but its under the compressor (you need a lotta light and a contortionist to see it let alone photograph it.

"HP" stamp meant you got the other features (cam, exhaust, springs, etc.) vs the other 440's but otherwise blocks were the same right?

Again, if someone knows for sure, or points out the thread here where y'all kicked it around, that'd be neat to point to.

I saw this one almost a week ago, and thought it might well need a new roof skin after looking at the bubbles under the vinyl. Not that it isn't still worth it if it all checks out, but keep this in mind as a possible issue and request more detailed photos of it before plunking down the money perhaps. Too bad it doesn't have buckets.

I agree, it's a nice car without the TNT and I think it is "without" the TNT. Orange intake manifold, blue valve covers, single snorkel, somethings rotten in Denmark. Pity the seller wasn't more careful, drawing suspicion to the car won't help sell it. An explanation of the discrepancies would be very helpful. It does seem to have 26" radiator.

I saw this one almost a week ago, and thought it might well need a new roof skin after looking at the bubbles under the vinyl. Not that it isn't still worth it if it all checks out, but keep this in mind as a possible issue and request more detailed photos of it before plunking down the money perhaps. Too bad it doesn't have buckets.
just curious, how bad was the bubbling, I didn't see any in the photos unless i missed it. thanks.

just curious, how bad was the bubbling, I didn't see any in the photos unless i missed it. thanks.
I am not sure, as I just blew up the photos he supplied and it seems like there were a lot of bubbles on the roof. If I were interested in the car, I would ask him for some close up shots of the vinyl roof and ask him if he feels bubbles in it, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back