For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 Formula?? (fake ad?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WxzNK.gif

Google can be Freaking Scary...

Looks to be a Red 300.

Using the phone number from ad, I redacted the last name and street because I didn't want to contribute to all his info being on the net.

Google Address from Phone Number.PNG

Address from Phone Number

Arial View

Arial View.PNG

Street View

Street View.PNG

A friend of mine saw that listing some time ago and had a friend of his in Washington go take a look at it. Its a pretty beat car with rust around the back window, bad paint and a thrashed interior. I was not able to find out anything about the "auto stick" or whatever. Maybe a console? But it is heavily optioned. A project for sure, so my friend at least thought it was overpriced for a car in that condition.

I'm pretty sure I drove this car once in about 1993? It was for sale then and needed a drivers side qtr. Accident damage.

It had "formula S" badges on the rear qtrs above the marker lights. The seller thought it was a special edition....a "formula" 300. Good story!

Back then it was very cool, good options, but too much $$ then. It's seems to have not faired so well. Still cool though!

I'll do a pre-purchase inspection for anyone that is serious.

Thats what ive been saying for what seems like a million years
Yes, that's how I got a very rare 1946 New Yorker business coupe. Words were spelled wrong in the ad so fewer people saw it.

Do you recall if it was a four-door or a two-door? Because what can be seen on the Streetview image does indeed look somewhat four-doorish.

My friend said it had tape around the rear window to cover up the rust holes, so that may be why it looks 4 doorish (I agree the C pillars/rear window do look 4 doorish, but I think the tape is misleading). I doubt my friend would have had someone look into buying a 4 door. Not positive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back