WANTED 1970 Chrysler 300 hurst resin model car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dga26

Reaction score
Contact seller
image.png
Does anyone know where I can get a resin model of my chrysler 300 hurst? There is a model kit for sale on eBay but I don't have the skills to put it together. Anyone have one to sell or know where to get one finished?

I would buy the kit if you want it so bad and worry about putting it together later.

It's missing wheels and tires. I wouldn't know the first thing about putting this together.

There are 9 pieces in the kit. If this is rare you could find 2 axels and 4 wheels to make the car complete. Go to a hobby shop and get a few car model kits and learn how to put them together and paint them... simple

The pics of the kit you have displayed don't show the Hurst special stuff on it, the trunk lid doesn't have the spoiler built into it plus there doesn't appear to be any hood scoop. Looks like a normal 300 to me.

I've seen these before can't find the website at the moment, but that's not the Hurst kit pictured.

Off the web:

image.jpg

It requires a donor kit for wheels and other parts, for the advanced builder:

"Resin 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst 2 door hardtop resin kit. Includes only parts shown: Chrysler 300H body; interior tub,dash, & steering wheel; bright chrome front bumper & grille, chrome rear bumper; vacuum formed glass; and chassis. These resin kits require donor kits for various things such as wheels, tires, axles, etc. to complete. Note: resin kits may have flash that will need to be removed, may not always have uniform thickness, and usually will require more effort to complete than mass produced plastic kits. Resin kits are best suited for the more advanced builder."

Here is a built up kit as a hardtop coup, very sharp:

image.jpg

Very nice! Do they make a 69 Fury III kit??

Any idea where I can buy a kit for a 70 300 hurst?

They show up on eBay from time to time. They were made a few years ago, probably in limited numbers.

I had one of those resin 70 300s a few years back. Not to knock the person who molded it, as we should be grateful to have those resin cars. But the quality of it was not comparable to a standard styrene kit - to get one to the results Samplinman showed would take significant effort, skill, and time. They are NOT for a 1st-time model builder...

Very nice! Do they make a 69 Fury III kit??
Defunct Johan models made a 68 fury l police car with all the pieces to build it as 1 of 4 different cities. New york, detroit, LAPD, and chicago, or build it stock non police. Prices have gone up on un built johan kits since the company banged up about 25 years ago , however they had some nice overlooked mopars in model form. I built a 68 300 sportsroof, the 68 fury police, and the 61 fury wagon. They also had a 65 savoy , and a chrysler turbine car, as well as a 69 hemi road runner kit that vould be built stock, custom, or nascar and 70 superbird kit that could be built stock or as pettys #43, or its sibling 7up sponsored #40. Also had pettys 1964 belvedere, could be built stock, race, or custom. I built every one of these kits. Undercarriages werent super detailed however the bodies, engines and interiors were very well done. Well worth looking for if you want to add to a model collection.

Johan also had other makes in overlooked form. Those command high prices today. The cadillac ambulance, and cadillac hearse go for pretty big dollars in model form. I used to pick up that hearse model every time i went in my local hobby store back in the early 80s thinking it would be cool to build it stock with a coffin in the back. Never did buy one. Now unbuilt unopened examples of the JoHan heavenly hearse typocally go for a couple hundered dollars now lol.

I like the fact that they make a 70 300H kit, thats very intersting. Now what kit do you get the roadwheels from? They look similar to chevy truck rallyes, prob both wheels for chevy and chrysler made by KH. I never have seen chevy truck rallyes in model form.

I like the fact that they make a 70 300H kit, thats very intersting. Now what kit do you get the roadwheels from? They look similar to chevy truck rallyes, prob both wheels for chevy and chrysler made by KH. I never have seen chevy truck rallyes in model form.

True, but tiny people might notice the bolt pattern is wrong.

I sure do miss building JoHan kits. Reminder of summer days in Jr. High. They were ancient even then, but still available for about $5 a pop.

Johan actually released 'annual' models also that were in their flat-box series. 65 Chrysler 300, 65-67 Fury, and some other slab-Cs as well. In the 'golden oldies' (?) series there was 62 Dart and Fury, 62 Chrysler 300, 61 Fury wagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back