1970 Sport Fury, Fury GT and S23 identification

kmccabe56

Reaction score
Got a chance to read through the order guide this morning.

Sport Fury PH23

Fury GT PP23

S23 PS23

The GT standard engine is a 440-4V. The 440-6V was the only option.

S23 could have no engine larger than a 383. And like a Sport Fury the standard engine was a 318-2V

Both GT and S23 came with side stripes as standard. Deleting the side stripe was an option.

Only GT got the hood stripes with engine callout. Deleting this stripe was an option.

The Brougham package was available as an option on ANY of these cars. It included bucket seats and could NOT be had with a center console. Center consoles were available on any car with bucket seats, but not when the Brougham package was ordered.

Sport Fury PH23

Fury GT PP23

S23 PS23

S23 could have no engine larger than a 383. And like a Sport Fury the standard engine was a 318-2V

Both GT and S23 came with side stripes as standard. Deleting the side stripe was an option.

Only GT got the hood stripes with engine callout. Deleting this stripe was an option.

The Brougham package was available as an option on ANY of these cars. It included bucket seats and could NOT be had with a center console. Center consoles were available on any car with bucket seats, but not when the Brougham package was ordered.

In 1970 all Sport Furys (including GT and S23) were PH.

billyfury 70-71 Fury collector; GTs, S23s, Pursuits, Wagons

We haveth the will, technology and desire to obtain the unobtainable past.

king-tut-extraterrestrial-dagger.jpg

dang it....if the GT hadn't of gotten the Brougham package l woulda had a consul..dang l think but then there weren't that many GT/ Broughams so think l may be ahead
Thanx for the info...always appreciated by us folks

It looks like Kevin is speaking in particular of the 1970 model. I presume the 71 would be the same as well... I like the non Brougham interior A LOT Better

ah thanx....seen GT and things go dark and blank after that....generaly when the clarity returns lve got new parts or something along that line....since lve put a 500$ limit on my credit card no more cars have shown up......

ah thanx....seen GT and things go dark and blank after that....generaly when the clarity returns lve got new parts or something along that line....since lve put a 500$ limit on my credit card no more cars have shown up......

I get it... I see Polara and everything else goes blank.... you have the fever

Sport Fury PH23

Fury GT PP23

S23 PS23

There is an example.

1970 Sport Fury GT, V code, 440 6BBL. Y28, Brougham with bucket seats and console.

In 1970 all Sport Furys (including GT and S23) were PH.

billyfury 70-71 Fury collector; GTs, S23s, Pursuits, Wagons

Agree. In 70, the S/23 was an option package A51 and the GT was option package A52 on a PH VINned car.

For 71, the GT became its own PP code.

Does anyone have a window sticker for a 70 s23 or GT?

I think Trev has one for his black 6bbl IRC
At least Dan Corley had one for one of his two TX9 SFGTs

my 70 GT Y28 promo is the only known brougham with buckets and console.. all the others i have seen are non console..

2003_0922_174709AA.JPG

there is no way to "order" a BRO-HAM with a console.. sooooo.. this one was a FACTORY SHOW CAR/PROMO...they were not ordered.. they were built as specified by the boss.. was there another one built?..possibly.. hope one is out there somewhere.. time will tell...or not..

No way? If the sale depended on it I bet it would have happened, And YOU know better, with Mopar you can never say "No Way"

So what kind of options would a 70 V code have that would make it stand out from a regular SFGT or PH23? (besides a 6 pack engine)

if a guy wanted to do a semi correct tribute car, are there any tell tale items?

So what kind of options would a 70 V code have that would make it stand out from a regular SFGT or PH23? (besides a 6 pack engine)

if a guy wanted to do a semi correct tribute car, are there any tell tale items?

First, It's a 6 barrel engine. "6 pack" is a Dodge term. Options would really be pretty much the same as a regular GT. For a guy to have a "close to correct as possible" GT, you would need the 3 speed torqueflite transmission, a 3.23 gear ratio, H70 X 15 Polyglas tires, and dual chrome plated tips because these were all standard items.

Back