1970 Sport Fury trunk emblem - pt 2 - need some help

70Tom

Reaction score
OK, well, I've struck out finding a trunk medallion in good shape. Hence, I'm going to restore the one I have. However, I need a little help. I have never seen a new or really good shape medallion. So, I'm wondering if one of you can provide me with an up close picture of a NOS medallion or one in really nice shape. I need to see the finish on it, the color of the three stripes, etc. If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it.

This is what the one I have looks like (and for reference).
IMG_6959.JPG

Sorry, can't help. But I like your make-no-prisoners-approach when it comes to removing medallions
:lol:

Oh, haha. That's how I received the emblem. I actually think that was off an S/23 or GT (can't remember which).

OK, well, I've struck out finding a trunk medallion in good shape. Hence, I'm going to restore the one I have. However, I need a little help. I have never seen a new or really good shape medallion. So, I'm wondering if one of you can provide me with an up close picture of a NOS medallion or one in really nice shape. I need to see the finish on it, the color of the three stripes, etc. If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it.

This is what the one I have looks like (and for reference).
View attachment 114802
Not a great picture, but is the only onde I could find in my library.
SF Trunk Badge NOS.jpg

From the Cbodydrydock 10 or 15 years ago;
Stitcherbob

But that's Mopar Muscle.....Tongue

I am not letting any sandpaper near my new or old chrome! We put lacquer thinner on a cotton rag or folded up paper towel and wipe the paint off of the surface. The engine paint is a good idea, but you have to heat the emblem up with a heat gun to cure it....otherwise it stays soft. Plasticote Ceramic Engine paint is my favorite, but some of these new auto body supply company paints are real professional enamel packed into spray cans. ALSA corp has a basecoat black that's really good used alone too.
http://www.alsacorp.com/index.htm

Also to show color a bit better, here is my repainted "bug splattered" front grill badge.
P1050437.JPG

I kept pretty well all of my Fury III badges, the grill being one exception since I wanted idden headlights. However I can't help on the SF trunk badge since I used an NOS Fury III badge. Here is a somewhat dusty NOS Fury III trunk badge. Excuse the hanging camera strap. LOL

P1050436.JPG

Interesting. I was under the impression the rear SF medallion didn't have black on it. But maybe I'm wrong about that?

Interesting. I was under the impression the rear SF medallion didn't have black on it. But maybe I'm wrong about that?
Maybe there are different flavors depending upon the model, ie SF vs SF GT vs SF 23? Over the years I've looked at hundreds of '70 Fury trunks and can't for the life of me remember what the badges looked like.

According to the parts book, there only appears to be one for the SF, which is part# 3444265. But who knows. I still can't figure out why some cars got the Sport Fury script next to the trunk medallion, while others didn't.

If it is painted black like that, it actually may save me some trouble, as it seems like the ones I've seen that are without paint look like a "brushed" chrome, and not totally shiny.

Again, I think we could easily resolve this if someone who has acquired a NOS medallion recently could chime in. Guess we'll see.

I don't know if these pics will help you or not, but here are a few pics of the emblem on my car. I'm not going to do any sort of factory correct restoration on my car, and I really don't care if that emblem finds it's way back on my car once painted; that said, if you like this emblem over the one you have, you can have this one (assuming I can get it off without cutting off a portion of the trunk lid off along with it, lol)

20170207_131636.jpg

20170207_131656.jpg

20170207_131707.jpg

Wow, thanks. That would be great. Much better than my current emblem. If you don't want the Sport Fury emblem I'd take that as well. I have no problem throwing you some $ for the effort.

Having said all that, would still like to see a pic of a mint/NOS trunk medallion.

According to the parts book, there only appears to be one for the SF, which is part# 3444265. But who knows. I still can't figure out why some cars got the Sport Fury script next to the trunk medallion, while others didn't.

I took the trunk lock emblem off, and behind it is the following, which I assume is the part number(s):

95499-3

Yours is a 1971 medallion Critter and you woudn't have it if I had a 71 SFGT! You got the last one in existence from me because of the quality of your restoration of your 71 SFGT.

I do have a 1970 SFGT and I also could use an NOS emblem, but one doesn't exist as far as I have determined either.

Here's a screenshot of Dave's 70 SF at Carlisle last year as well as the full youtube clip.

upload_2019-12-17_7-23-31.png

Yours is a 1971 medallion Critter and you woudn't have it if I had a 71 SFGT! You got the last one in existence from me because of the quality of your restoration of your 71 SFGT.

I do have a 1970 SFGT and I also could use an NOS emblem, but one doesn't exist as far as I have determined either.

Thank You...making a effort to restore my old one tonight
img_0120-jpg.jpg

Back