For Sale 1971 Chrysler Newport Royal - Not Much Money- Not Bad Looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This car seems too nice to see it crushed. Although the listing says 1970, it is a 1971. It is a nice straight apparently rust free California car and appears pretty unmolested. It does have a salvage title, but that wouldn't deter me if I wanted one. And the price is nice. Don't know if it runs or not, but it has a/c (I think - it has a 5 button a/c switch, not the heater only or strato vent only 4 button switch) and bucket seats, so it isn't a strippo. And I would wager it has original paint! Driver maybe with some work? :steering: I like it:

1970 Chrysler Newport (Pick-N-Pull San Jose South)

Inventory #40-S11-2270
Year: 1970
Make: Chrysler
Model: Newport
Mileage: N/A
Color: Green
Notes:

Dealer License #28995

*Vehicle purchase includes a 33% OFF coupon for all parts you may need for this vehicle, valid at ANY Pick-N-Pull location

Visit us at:
Pick-n-Pull San Jose South
1675 Monterey HWY
San Jose, CA 95112-6113

Call Us: 408-292-4325

00p0p_c5BPBWkCeBx_1200x900.jpg
01010_4ZZSusETrus_1200x900.jpg
00T0T_eRA7Us6WzDK_1200x900.jpg
00P0P_l9VPDhcDjiV_1200x900.jpg
00I0I_h3O5dteURR5_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
This car seems too nice to see it crushed. Although the listing says 1970, it is a 1971. It is a nice straight apparently rust free California car and appears pretty unmolested. It does have a salvage title, but that wouldn't deter me if I wanted one. And the price is nice. Don't know if it runs or not, but it has a/c (I think - it has a 5 button a/c switch, not the heater only or strato vent only 4 button switch) and bucket seats, so it isn't a strippo. And I would wager it has original paint! Driver maybe with some work? :steering: I like it:

1970 Chrysler Newport (Pick-N-Pull San Jose South)

Inventory #40-S11-2270
Year: 1970
Make: Chrysler
Model: Newport
Mileage: N/A
Color: Green
Notes:

Dealer License #28995

*Vehicle purchase includes a 33% OFF coupon for all parts you may need for this vehicle, valid at ANY Pick-N-Pull location

Visit us at:
Pick-n-Pull San Jose South
1675 Monterey HWY
San Jose, CA 95112-6113

Call Us: 408-292-4325

00p0p_c5BPBWkCeBx_1200x900.jpg
01010_4ZZSusETrus_1200x900.jpg
00T0T_eRA7Us6WzDK_1200x900.jpg
00P0P_l9VPDhcDjiV_1200x900.jpg
00I0I_h3O5dteURR5_1200x900.jpg
Great price... I could see having that mailed to FL, but no place to put it. Scar on the carpet/hump could be from the cassette option? Would have been nice to see under the hood, but I'm not a player on this one anyhow.

Great price... I could see having that mailed to FL, but no place to put it. Scar on the carpet/hump could be from the cassette option? Would have been nice to see under the hood, but I'm not a player on this one anyhow.

Now if it really had a cassette option, that would be remarkable for a Royal. Would really like to see the body code plate on this one - it could be a 360 or a 383 as well.

Looks like the same location ........
Probably in a E-body now.....

upload_2017-1-22_12-5-56.png

Nice car, someone on the west coast needs to get it. I have bought cars from the Pick and Pulls in my area, and they will deal on their cars. You could walk away with this one for under a grand.

Bucket seats too....WOW!

They probably pulled the player/recorder when the after market radio went in

A Repaint is a Must. I could not Stand the Baby **** Green. Maybe it looks like that because the paint is Fadded.

step up and put it on your asylum Steve.
It shouldn't die

Carsten

It is hard enough for me to resist as it is Carsten! But I do have the missing cassette player that it seems to need (and the proper radio).................................................. Crap! :BangHead:

Last edited:
A Repaint is a Must. I could not Stand the Baby **** Green. Maybe it looks like that because the paint is Fadded.

The condition of the paint is poor due to all the years of fading. When buffed out, it would be much lighter and a metallic. You would be surprised at how nice it would look after it was buffed. I am not a fan of green generally, but the original green on that car was pretty nice IMO.

ok Steve.
Save it. Buy it. Park it on your asylum.
Inform your overseas friends about it and I am sure someone will step up to save it on the long term

Carsten

ok Steve.
Save it. Buy it. Park it on your asylum.
Inform your overseas friends about it and I am sure someone will step up to save it on the long term

Carsten

That Newport is either amber sherwood metallic (a very light green metallic) or GJ4 which is april green metallic, which is probably one of my most favorite colors - and I am thinking it looks much more like the GJ4 than the sherwood color. This is the same color as on the 1971 Polara Brougham I sold to Finland with its original paint - I thought the appearance of that car was close to perfect with that color. This Newport is seriously tempting. What to do?.....................

100_6744.jpg

Last edited:
That Newport is either amber sherwood metallic (a very light green metallic) or GJ4 which is april green metallic, which is probably one of my most favorite colors - and I am thinking it looks much more like the GJ4 than the sherwood color. This is the same color as on the 1971 Polara Brougham I sold to Finland with its original paint - I thought the appearance of that car was close to perfect with that color. This Newport is seriously tempting. What to do?.....................

View attachment 113162

You keep rubbing that in....... :stop:

View attachment 113162

buy it

You keep rubbing that in....... :stop:

Hey, it hurts me at least as much as you to think that I really sold it! :BangHead:

I don't have any better way to cause someone to buy this Newport rather than me unless I show the possibilities with that color! :(

I live 4 minutes from there and all the locals know of the car have passed on it.There is a reason why it hasn't sold in 3 months. I know two of the north-cal regional managers for the yards and two guys whom tried to buy it. This is the info I was given. Motor seized, oil pan, trans pans and rearend were punctured to drain fluids, parts were removed that weren't supposed to be sold due to nobody watching the car and it sat out in the open. Then the car was fork lifted several times and the floorpans look pushed up and driveshaft took a hit. Then paperwork was done as a 1970, not a 1971 so it has to be redone all over again. California will not issue any paperwork until it gets lights and brake inspection, plus the vin number will need to be re-inspected and fees payed. Since the paperwork is off by one digit (the Year) it would have be done all over again, which is about another 32 days (if nobody contests the lien sale issued). Then it has to be reinspected again since it left their possession and has to be checked again. On top of that, it has been added to the national database as a salvage vehicle, so that will be on the vehicle forever. Fees almost double the price and due to size, transport costs are $1000-$1800 to most places outside California. That's the info I was told, so I assume it's gonna be a pain to deal with. That's why I decided to stick with my 'Road Warrior/ Fury Road' project car and decided that was not the c-body I wanted to get back into c-bodies with. Shame too as I have access to the new Magnum Force C-body suspension assembly.

IMG_5597.JPG

IMG_5810.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back