For Sale 1971 Chrysler Newport Royal - Not Much Money- Not Bad Looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live 4 minutes from there and all the locals know of the car have passed on it.There is a reason why it hasn't sold in 3 months. I know two of the north-cal regional managers for the yards and two guys whom tried to buy it. This is the info I was given. Motor seized, oil pan, trans pans and rearend were punctured to drain fluids, parts were removed that weren't supposed to be sold due to nobody watching the car and it sat out in the open. Then the car was fork lifted several times and the floorpans look pushed up and driveshaft took a hit. Then paperwork was done as a 1970, not a 1971 so it has to be redone all over again. California will not issue any paperwork until it gets lights and brake inspection, plus the vin number will need to be re-inspected and fees payed. Since the paperwork is off by one digit (the Year) it would have be done all over again, which is about another 32 days (if nobody contests the lien sale issued). Then it has to be reinspected again since it left their possession and has to be checked again. On top of that, it has been added to the national database as a salvage vehicle, so that will be on the vehicle forever. Fees almost double the price and due to size, transport costs are $1000-$1800 to most places outside California. That's the info I was told, so I assume it's gonna be a pain to deal with. That's why I decided to stick with my 'Road Warrior/ Fury Road' project car and decided that was not the c-body I wanted to get back into c-bodies with. Shame too as I have access to the new Magnum Force C-body suspension assembly.

Thanks for the info Migs. I tried calling the store with no luck, so I went round about to finally get hold of someone. They really aren't too interested in selling anything it seems to me with no one ever answering the phones. When I did ultimately get through, I was told it sold "today". So given what you have described, I would have passed on it anyway. Just as well. Since I know you and you are in the area, I should have just called you because you know pretty much everything that is going on in that part of California. Next time I will do that, and thanks for the Christmas greeting this year.

Take care.
Steve

Last edited:
All good Steve. The car had potential, but not for me. Still looking for a 1970 Fury in that condition though.

All good Steve. The car had potential, but not for me. Still looking for a 1970 Fury in that condition though.

I will keep my eyes peeled for one then. They are increasingly hard to come by.

I occasionally check in on Humongous to see if any C-body pops up that went under our radar. Then I will read a few posts in the General section, get disgusted, and don't come back for a few more weeks.

That car is well worth the 1,100 even with a salvaged title. The body is good the interior is good. Even if you have to rebuild the engine or find a nice 440 to put in there with 355 in the rear. If I didn't have my 73 I would consider

I phoned about it and missed it by an hour or two, I got everything here to put it right aswell, body looked great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back