For Sale 1971 Fury Project with 440HP, 4.10:1 Sure-Grip

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownbuick

Reaction score
Contact seller
I know I posted this last year, so I apologize if it seems like I'm spamming. My wife and I need to raise extra cash for her to move to Reno in April to continue moving up in her career, then I'll move down after her in a couple years when we can buy another house. I realize that this isn't really a good place to sell a car like this, but I feel obligated to do what I can in case someone is actually interested. If it's still here after she's gone, I'm not sure if I'll start cleaning it up this summer, or just just pull the good stuff and sell the rest to one of the local derby guys. The red car in the background is sold.

Mopar 1971 Plymouth Fury III, 440HP

71fury1.jpg

And I know where that red 72 went, you sold it to an old buddy of mine. He sent me an email out of the blue and apparently you name-dropped me while he was visiting you. 2500 miles away from me.

And I saw those pedals I sold you all those years ago, saw them on ebay awhile back, recognized the pin I made for the overcenter spring. Lewiston ID. Emailed the guy and said he got them from you.

Small world!!!

Hi, Chris! Yeah, Mike was telling me about this guy he knew in Indianapolis, and after a while we put two and two together. Kinda neat, for sure. I think we were both thinking that we'd like to own your 4-speed '65, but the logistics and effort require more time and money than either of us have right now. Hoping he enjoys the red car, anyway, and I'm looking forward to getting my '72 sedan and my wife's '72 wagon back on the road this spring. Meanwhile this '71 is actually my favorite Fury, but it feels more and more like it's just in our way. We'll see what happens.

Funny - that's how I feel about my 65 at this point - taking up valuable space.

Yeah, it's frustrating. If it weren't for the perpetual shortage of time and money, I would've already been after you to buy it. I've also seen the shell of my old 4-speed '65 here in town, but I know that if I bought it back I still wouldn't get it built into a whole car again. Then there's a '68 300 I sold to a friend nearby, who I think wants to sell it back to me, but again, there's just too much other stuff to do. I still have two Furies that need work and my old '71 Riviera that I really need to concentrate on, and a couple of "practical" vehicles, of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back