For Sale 1971 Imperial LeBaron - WA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The color in the jambs looks nice. Hard to find a Chrysler or Imperial in this color that looks fresh. But here are a couple Mopars in the color:

1971-plymouth-cuda-383-4-speed-b2-1.JPG

001.jpg

It's a beautiful color; on a muscle car. But on a big, formal luxury car it looks like a guy wearing sweat pants at a wedding. I sometimes wonder if Chrysler would have done better with the Imperial line had they put a little more effort into restricting some of the colors that might look good on a 300, and not-so-exclusive on an Imperial.

One thing is certain, they couldn't have done worse.

Good on you bloke for helping out, hopefully the new owner will save it and put it back on the road.

That is the plan for this. Try to maybe get it running before winter and then park it somewhere till it thaws out here in Kansas. Winter is coming very fast.

Finally Arrived to its new home. Thank you Homerr for the storage space and for airing up the tires.

IMAG5071[1].jpg

IMAG5073[1].jpg

Did you find a broadcast sheet in it? I'd really like to see a copy.

Hergfest is my brother, just use Tallzag on here. I'm Rocketresto on some other boards though.

I'm curious if you've gotten in to the trunk? It's vacuum release. I'm wondering if it's full of spare parts, rat nests, or empty.

I'm curious if you've gotten in to the trunk? It's vacuum release. I'm wondering if it's full of spare parts, rat nests, or empty.

Not yet. Haven't gotten the far running yet.

This is what we've been trying to achieve first. Getting the brakes to work so it can be moved to get inspected so we can get a tag for it.

IMAG5102.jpg

Nice save. That's a nice looking tow vehicle.

Thanks. It really is. Wish it had a hitch but oh well.

It's great at pushing a 1968 Town and Country also. Comes pretty easy with the big block 455 for power.

UPDATE: Car does run. Only ran for a short few seconds but it does run. Gonna put a better starter on it as the starter seems to only crank it a couple of turns and quits. The water pump is in great shape. Almost brand new. The antifreeze is brand new looking also.

Will update again when we get it running for longer.

Cool! Did I hear Don say "gotta get that trunk open"?

It'd be cool to get your thoughts on the car now that you've had it a while.

Cool! Did I hear Don say "gotta get that trunk open"?

It'd be cool to get your thoughts on the car now that you've had it a while.

Lol. Dad said he tried the trunk. Didn't work. He took the glove box panel off and the vacuum line to the button was there hooked up. So somewhere else is it's not releasing.

I'll ask him what his thoughts are on the car when I see him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back