Status
Not open for further replies.

crv

Reaction score
Contact seller
Would be a rare sight in the US
1971 Australian Hemi R/T Valiant Charger
00l0l_1Im1GqohlLx_600x450.jpg

Nice car and from South Australia as well (Rear Number Plate). Hope it finds a good home.
R/T Charger build numbers
  • 1 x Base R/T Automatic
  • 638 x Base R/T 3 speed
  • 60 x Base R/T 4 speed
  • 134 x R/T E37
  • 2 x R/T E48
  • 316 x R/T E38 - 82 with A87 option (big tank)
  • 149 x R/T E49 - 21 with A87 option (big tank)
Total R/T Build numbers 1300

Source:
Chrysler Australia E55 V8 Chargers

Last edited:
Wonder what dash would swap in for the interchange? Duster, Valiant? Wife and I spent the whole month of December in OZZ to celebrate our 25th anniversary back then. Streetcarz and Taxi's for the whole month. Just think about making ah right turn the way we do in this country and you'll know why I chose to use for hire transportation?

We've had many car accidents, some fatal, because people from overseas aren't used to driving on the left.

Nice charger, but one of six ????

I like the way you're thinking :)
SixtyF. You folks down there have been doing that left to right swap for years. Is your 300F converted or is it now old enough not to have your government hold a gun to your head for the swap? 'Bout time we did it to one of the VH Chargers don't you think? Found a speed shop on the south side of Brisbane with the help of a car guy the we traveled with from O'ahu down to your country that called Brisbane home. Their was a 1970 VH with the 3 side draft Webers in that shop while we were there. Also saw a 1961 Valiant /6 with that same 3 side draft Weber and a 4 spd in that shop too and I went nutz!!! I ask the owner of the shop who made the aluminum intake for those Webers and he said Cain over in Victoria, and dug me up their address and phone #. I called them, gave them My VISA and they shipped one of those intakes to our Hotel in Sidney that was waiting for me when we checked in a few days later that I still have. HUMMM? Jer

Nice charger, but one of six ????

I like the way you're thinking :)
Not a lot of info on it, could be a factory R/T, looks like a 4 on the side of the front guard, although the E49 did not have the bonnet blackouts.

As far as having to convert to RHD we have a rolling 30 year exemption so "our" cars are ok LHD so long as they're safe.

New vehicles like Chevrolet Silverado's, Ford F-series and "Dodge" Ram's are imported and converted to RHD.

Our Mustangs are factory RHD except for Shelby, Roush. and Lingenfelter's in which case you buy the car for around $60k then pay the dealer another $46k or so for the extra work, but at least in Shelby's case the modified vehicle is considered a factory car by Shelby.

Corvettes, Camaros, and Dodge Challengers are available after RHD conversion.

SixtyF. You folks down there have been doing that left to right swap for years. Is your 300F converted or is it now old enough not to have your government hold a gun to your head for the swap?

The 'F' remains left Jer !
Any car or light truck/ute can be imported to NZ and remain LHD if they're over 20 years old.
Also some of the newer special interest vehicles ( Challengers etc ) can be imported and remain LHD.
There are regulations to consider but that's basically it for NZ - Mark. :)

Forgot you're in NZ
Wonder what dash would swap in for the interchange? Duster, Valiant? Wife and I spent the whole month of December in OZZ to celebrate our 25th anniversary back then. Streetcarz and Taxi's for the whole month. Just think about making ah right turn the way we do in this country and you'll know why I chose to use for hire transportation?

Fair enough, but the easiest way to consider it is that the driver is always seated next to the median strip or centre of the road. It was fun for me the first time I drove in the US - 120 mile round trip in a Chrysler voyager van, great fun it was too.

Forgot you're in NZ

Fair enough, but the easiest way to consider it is that the driver is always seated next to the median strip or centre of the road. It was fun for me the first time I drove in the US - 120 mile round trip in a Chrysler voyager van, great fun it was too.
LeBaron1973, For my entire adult life I drove professionally all over this country and the Provinces to the north. And for me to take the chance just wasn't worth the gamble to drive in OZZ. Hell, We even took a Taxi to Bondi Beach and had ah ball. Have a Buddy that R+Rd in Sidney from "Nam" back in the late '60s that told me Bondi waz a MUST DO. I took the 35MM and brought him some pix back that he went nutz over. Topless Beach and Bare Hooter Heaven for our friendz here that are wondering, and yes I took my Wife there...Jer

LeBaron1973, For my entire adult life I drove professionally all over this country and the Provinces to the north. And for me to take the chance just wasn't worth the gamble to drive in OZZ. Hell, We even took a Taxi to Bondi Beach and had ah ball. Have a Buddy that R+Rd in Sidney from "Nam" back in the late '60s that told me Bondi waz a MUST DO. I took the 35MM and brought him some pix back that he went nutz over. Topless Beach and Bare Hooter Heaven for our friendz here that are wondering, and yes I took my Wife there...Jer
If you had gone to Alexandra heads you would have seen a lot more than topless, wink.

Fair enough, wise choice. No point taking risks when taxis are available.

very tidy, i wonder how it made it over the the US?

museum, then restored and now selling?

how much is he chasing? be interesting to compare to prices in AUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back