1972 Fusie Windshield Availability

DeMopuar

Reaction score
I would just like to ask if anyone knows the availability of Fusie tinted windshield glass? Is new tinted glass available from glass companies, and if it is, what should I look out for? I've not tried to call around yet to see what is available, just wanted to see if anyone else has tried to get windshield glass recently and what your experience has been.

If it matters, I am looking for tinted windshield glass for a 1972 Dodge Monaco as well as a 1972 Imperial.

Thanks, Mark

I would just like to ask if anyone knows the availability of Fusie tinted windshield glass? Is new tinted glass available from glass companies, and if it is, what should I look out for? I've not tried to call around yet to see what is available, just wanted to see if anyone else has tried to get windshield glass recently and what your experience has been.

If it matters, I am looking for tinted windshield glass for a 1972 Dodge Monaco as well as a 1972 Imperial.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

You might want to contact this supplier, which is the former PPG company, now PGW (Pittsburgh Glass Works).

Pittsburgh Glass Works

They will have the glass for your 1972 Monaco coupe but be prepared for it to be thinner than the original glass, as that is the norm these days. But it will work. But knowing how much of a purist you are, you might need to go to a glass provider that sells OEM original glass for our ancient vehicles if you want the original thicker stuff. One suggestion to check out is:

Classic Auto Glass - Windshield Glass, Back Glass, Door Glass, Vent Window Glass and Quarter Window Glass - Chrysler New Yorker, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 - Catalog Product List Page

They claim to offer NOS glass from a variety of sources but it is not clear from the link whether the ones listed are NOS or reproduction, but probably the reproduction given the prices. You can ask them about thickness too.

It is also useful to know that this source, Metro, also lists the windshields for the sedans and station wagons 69 - 73 C bodies that is pretty hard to find usually. Their price is $300 and tint is available it appears too. But this doesn't apply to your cars but it does to others on this site with sedans/wagons and might be reading this post.

Steve

So the site I referenced is $25 cheaper not including shipping. Your glass is the same as the two and four door hardtops.

I am told that, never tested. for me personally I will always use a local glass shop. I make my living with a heavy portion of the shops throughout new england. most are independently owned by families that are hard working craftspeople. I know there are people here that can do their own very well.

So the site I referenced is $25 cheaper not including shipping. Your glass is the same as the two and four door hardtops.
Pl

For those that have deep pockets here is one for a 69 Fury on E-Bay

PLYMOUTH FURY III CONVERTIBLE & 2D COUPE HARDTOP WINDSHIELD 1969-1970 SHADED | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

That Black 69 Monaco with the Pewter interior that we all know of had its windshield replaced with glass from the same place in the e bay ad. As I recall it was very nice, everything correct, just expensive.

Back