Aidan1976

Reaction score
Contact seller
EBAY Auction listing:

1976 Dodge Coronet Police Trim | eBay

Ad description:

EX-CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL CAR

1976 Dodge Coronet 440 HP - Original WK41U Police Car

This is a pretty complete old Squad Car. The original Fender Tag, Dash VIN, Door VIN are all in tact. The 140-mph Certified Speedo is present. The rear end is a Dana with a Trac-Lock and rear sway bar.

The engine and transmission are original. Engine turns over.

Three of the original 15" wheels are with the car. The original rubber mat is still in the car. Thermoquad carburetor is missing. All of the factory A/C looks to be intact as well.

Bottom of both quarters will need repaired and patches put in. Trunk floor is pretty good shape but expect some patching.

Overall a pretty complete project car.

A rare car, a 440 at that. A pity not many of these seem have to been saved. In every American TV show of my childhood in the '80s. Look at that door, straight outta "CHiPs".

Some of the photos:

1976 Dodge Coronet police car (1).jpg

1976 Dodge Coronet police car (2).jpg

1976 Dodge Coronet police car (3).jpg
1976 Dodge Coronet police car (4).jpg
1976 Dodge Coronet police car (5).jpg
1976 Dodge Coronet police car (6).jpg
1976 Dodge Coronet police car (7).jpg
1976 Dodge Coronet police car (8).jpg
1976 Dodge Coronet police car (9).jpg
1976 Dodge Coronet police car (10).jpg

Ugly standard spec side trim was added to the body sides after the car was "civilianised" (I realise that's shite English, but you get the drift....)

coronet.jpg

Whoever buys it, I hope they do it right, and not a Dukes of Hazzard tribute.. don't get me wrong, I love that show, but!

That car has had a rough life....
Could have been used as background fodder in some smash'em up movie or tv show so no one have a crap about it. Just toss it in the corner till next time, then drag it out.

Definitely worth saving and as John said, PLEASE not another Dukes car.
Just say NO to ROSCO!

I see the same speedo I recently purchased on EBAY. Had it rebuilt and replaced the 85 MPH speedo in my '79 Magnum GT. Have another dozen drinks if they think they are going to get close to $6500 price for that car.

100_0415 (1).JPG

That looks like the Graveyard Carz yard

This was one of my first choices when thinking about doing a CHP car but didn't want to do a smog car.

Alan

That looks like the Graveyard Carz yard

This was one of my first choices when thinking about doing a CHP car but didn't want to do a smog car.

Alan

Good eye Alan.. I just looked at the back in the pictures and I have to agree, they are located in Oregon as the EBay post states. I didn't think he SOLD anything, only restorations.. who knew!!

Good eye Alan.. I just looked at the back in the pictures and I have to agree, they are located in Oregon as the EBay post states. I didn't think he SOLD anything, only restorations.. who knew!!
I believe Worman is starting up a car sales lot. At least that's of the gist of what I got from watching last season and his Facebook posts/videos.

I believe Worman is starting up a car sales lot. At least that's of the gist of what I got from watching last season and his Facebook posts/videos.
He did mention something about flipping project cars.

That sure as hell looks like his shop. {well, from what I have seen on television lol}

I see the same speedo I recently purchased on EBAY. Had it rebuilt and replaced the 85 MPH speedo in my '79 Magnum GT. Have another dozen drinks if they think they are going to get close to $6500 price for that car.

View attachment 143962
Buy it now is at $4000, did they change it? No matter still too high. Just curious if Worman read your post.:poke:

Started saying I'd pay $4000 till I read and saw it doesn't have the original engine, probably why the price drop.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back