For Sale 1977-Plymouth-Fury-TAXI-7-ORIGINAL-MILES ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
1977 Plymouth Fury TAXI 7 ORIGINAL MILES | eBay

1977 Plymouth Fury Special Order Factory TAXI CAB with 7 original miles. Yes 7 miles. A 40 Year Old MOPAR with 7 miles on it. It was purchased new by a Cab Company in New York and never put into service.
Still retains the original Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle. It was never titled. Original window sticker is still on the vehicle. I found 3 build sheets for it. One above the gas tank, one in the drivers door, and one under the front seat.
The engine is a 225 Slant 6. The gas tank had to be replaced because the original had too much rust inside of it.
The Cab runs, moves, and stops but I will not put it on the road because I don't want to add any miles to it.
The interior is perfect but the exterior does have some issues. The Cab company didn't really take that great of care of it. It was used as a storage shelf and a parts car.
I have been able to locate most everything that it was missing with NOS parts. It was really just minor items - lenses, grill, mirror,.... There are only a couple of items it still needs - jack assembly and RH wiper linkage. There may be other things but those I know for sure.
The Cab Company building where this was stored must have had a bad roof because there is a rust hole at the rear window on the drivers side (see pictures). Then the water ran down into the lower quarter and rusted out the bottom of that panel. Bottom of the car has typical surface rust as you would expect from something that has been sitting for 40 years.
The Taxi light on the roof is just a magnet mount, it is not wired in. You will notice there is black tape on the roof.
That is from the factory, the roof light wiring harness is under that tape.
So here is my dilemma, do you repaint a 40 year old car with 7 miles or do you leave it just like it is? All of the issues to the body would be simple to address but would that make it more valuable or take away of the originality of it?
I just refinished the wheels, installed new tires, and installed NOS caps.
Please look over the pictures and let me know if you have any questions or would like additional pictures.
etreyt.jpg
giloo.jpg
iuyui.jpg
kjlkl.jpg
tytytyu.jpg
uyui.jpg

hey there, actually, there are more photos on the ebay ad, just got lazy, sorry...

It's been a while since I've seen that type of interior with rubber mats and base seats. That's the way the police and taxi package came. Even the pull strap on the rear door appears original, as Chrysler occasionally did not properly, or fully assemble some cars in the late 70's. They relied on the dealers. The company just wasn't doing well then.

upload_2017-7-25_8-49-34.png

It's been a while since I've seen that type of interior with rubber mats and base seats. That's the way the police and taxi package came. Even the pull strap on the rear door appears original, as Chrysler occasionally did not properly, or fully assemble some cars in the late 70's. They relied on the dealers. The company just wasn't doing well then.

View attachment 135389

I think the additional pull strap was a taxi "requirement", they may have just screwed a C-body strap diagonally to meet said regulation.

I really like this car, talk about a time machine. Owner states car never had a title, but it has 78 inspection sticker, I didn't think you could do one without the other.

I really like this car, talk about a time machine. Owner states car never had a title, but it has 78 inspection sticker, I didn't think you could do one without the other.

You can. Especially in 1977, which was before NY DMV associated the sticker number with the registration.

9 hours to go, at $7200 as i write this. unless some kamikazis in the crowd it probably tops out in the eights somewhere. whatever the final price, hope it gets a good home.

seller added a bunch of additional detail based on "feedback" he'd been getting on his listing. everything from praise to full-on colon dumps if would seem. anyway, worth a read if any of you were considering this car/recommending it to friends, etc.

9 hours to go, at $7200 as i write this. unless some kamikazis in the crowd it probably tops out in the eights somewhere. whatever the final price, hope it gets a good home.

seller added a bunch of additional detail based on "feedback" he'd been getting on his listing. everything from praise to full-on colon dumps if would seem. anyway, worth a read if any of you were considering this car/recommending it to friends, etc.

I went back and read his added comments. I always did think the seller was being honest, and people do jump to wild conclusions based on very minor points (like having MI plates).

That said, I can't believe the money this thing is at! God Bless, I have zero issue with it, but seriously it's a /6 Fury taxi that you can't drive! If you did drive it, it's probably not much fun baking on black vinyl and running 15 sec 0-60 times. Even as a movie prop, zero-imagination directors will think all taxis must be yellow and won't want it. I guess we'll see.

I kind of like these Fury's the 78 police package is supposed to be one of Chrysler's finest with 440 in it. I know its got a slant 6 but they are great reliable motors and with only 7 miles it is a piece of history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back