Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
1983 Chrysler Imperial 2Dr. Excellent Condition - $5800
Ok....

1983 Chrysler Imperial 2Dr. Excellent Condition
1982 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL 2D 8 CYL. AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION.
BLACK
VIN/ 2A3BY62N1DR192388
The vehicle has 135000 miles, CLEAN TITLE ( never been in accident) runs great.
Everything works, AC, heater, power windows, radio, power mirrors, tires are in great shape, car in excellent condition and i did all required maintenance on time.
Registration up to date
Passed Smog certificate
If you are interested Please call or text 408-393-9023

00A0A_e6cdGXX2dsz_600x450.jpg
00F0F_buT8DqCKXQ4_600x450.jpg
00N0N_ly1tsbk5UWF_600x450.jpg

Looks like a very well maintained example of that beautiful design. In looking at quite a few of these Imperials from 1981-3, it seems they are quite durable/reliable even with over 100K miles on them with good maintenance.

Looks like a very well maintained example of that beautiful design. In looking at quite a few of these Imperials from 1981-3, it seems they are quite durable/reliable even with over 100K miles on them with good maintenance.

* some little-known facts on these cars...

Two primary causes of dissatisfaction with the EFI system were the unbeknownst-at-time-of-design adoption of alcohol in gasoline which ruined the first run of a few sensitive components. (Later versions adopted neoprene vs. Rubber seals.)

A design flaw that provided no means to compensate for eventual minor vacuum leaks (i.e. What we now call a "mass airflow sensor"). Solve those two issues and the FI system works very well. I've owned three of these cars long after they were new.

When they were brand-new, the closest thing that existed to a JD powers-style owner survey was the initial satisfaction survey conducted by Popular Mechanics. The '81 Imperial was the highest rated car they'd ever surveyed... obviously until the FI system issues became apparent.

At one point, there was a plan to adopt the system across every V8 the company offered. Thankfully they did not decide to do that.

Loved my '82! Nice driving cars. In stock spec don't expect anything that resembles performance. Always thought this was one of Ma Mopars nicest designs. Rarity wise, look for an '83. Just over 1500 made and almost any color is very low production.

Beautiful. Nightwatch blue, Mahogany are my colours of choice for these.

My dad owned several Imperials from the 60's to the last year of production, (84/85?). He was really bummed when they were discontinued and then bought Lincolns. Then, when this newer Imperial was introduced he went to the Chrysler dealer, looked at one, drove it and , with disgust, declared..... "This is NO da** Imperial, and left.

Nightwatch Blue was a great color. Dad had a Fifth Avenue in 83 with the matching leather interior and vinyl top, whide whites and the big wire covers. Great looking car.

The Malaise Era. How so much went so wrong in so many ways. GM NEVER should have downsized in 1977. Everything turned to **** after that.

CARS-01.jpg

There were a few attractive ones left. If I were in the US this model would possibly be in my collection for fair weather dd. They left a staying optical Impression as a teen in the Show room while on vacation in the Chicago area back then.

The '77 downsizing (and '78 for mid size) were quite successful. The mistake was doing it again in '85 and '88 (think fwd Caddys/Olds/Buick and then Lumina/Cutlass/Regal.)

One big difference? '77 was market driven and '85/88 were driven by government regulation (CAFE), as was Chrysler's decison to drop almost every RWD platform except the M's that refused to die until '89.

Pontiac executed the design much better than Chevrolet. I dragged myself away from buying one of these Grand Prix's new.

There was a similar Monte Carlo Aerocoupe available as well, but while this design makes more sense I like the boxier Version better personally. Designwise probably my favorite 80s US car and one of a few that are acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back