2 Door '65 Newport for sale - Pittsburgh area

Spark-o-matic floor shifter. That's all it needs.
Unfortunately, the first thing the new owner will do is go to AutoZone for some fuzzy dice and Google: "What is the largest tire I....."

Ain't she a pretty thing! I love it. Some one should grab this.

OMGOMGOMG! Look at this beauty :eek: ! Everything's complete! And the clean interior!

By the way...I don't want to start a new thread - does anyone know, what's the largest tire...

If it were me... I wouldn't change a thing... I like the idea of having the ONE REMAINING column shifted three speed wherever I go.

Sorry, it won't be me...

Its nice. But I couldnt live with that manual shifter on the column. Ive only ever been in one car like that in my life...and my dad was driving it..and it looked like a hassle. Otherwise a nice car. Hope c body person gets it.

Love it!

1965 Chrysler Newport 2 door hardtop, 383 4bbl, 3 speed manual on the column, dual exhaust, electronic ignition, 15X7 steel wheels, mechanically good, drive anywhere, super clean body, could be painted and front seat repaired or drive as is, 36K original miles, $6500 obo

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Its nice. But I couldnt live with that manual shifter on the column. Ive only ever been in one car like that in my life...and my dad was driving it..and it looked like a hassle. Otherwise a nice car. Hope c body person gets it.
You are correct, sir. Especially when first gear is non-synchro. There's a lot of slop and the throws are very long. Floor shift conversions weren't a fad. They were a necessity.
Yes, it would a shame cutting up the floor on this car but it would be very period correct.

I've owned many a three on the tree and never thought it was a problem or inconvenience . I guess it's all what you get used to and what you expect. I got to where I rarely used the clutch pedal unless I was stopped.

You are correct, sir. Especially when first gear is non-synchro. There's a lot of slop and the throws are very long. Floor shift conversions weren't a fad. They were a necessity.
Yes, it would a shame cutting up the floor on this car but it would be very period correct.
Be a man, leave it on the column unless you make it a 4 speed.:poke:

3 on the tree no problem here. I'd rock it as is, wonder if the bottom is as nice as "super clean" means.

This from a guy used to 9 or 10 unsynchronized gears.:poke:

Kevin

my for post for the car would be i want to convert it to 727 what do i need post

Back