4 Speed Converzsion Conversation

Here is a pic of my initial find of C Body goodies.

4 speed setup.jpg

4 speed setup.jpg

Excellent idea Brian, and thanks for the photos and further info. I'm sure that I'll have a few questions to ask you about your 300 conversion, good luck with it!

Just thinking after all of our manual transmission conversions in the For Sales add linked below

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...-slant6-three-on-the-tree&p=241694#post241694

That maybe we should start a new thread in here about the subject. What do you guys think? I think we are discovering some good information as we go.

Brian

I would suggest that those who that are interested in conversions to utilize the Brewers Engineering site.
The four speed part of the drive train is all broken down to each of the components and shows all the variations of each component. It has been my 4 speed parts bible.

I have sent an email to them with some queries, hopefully they will respond. Whatever I learn I will post.

I would suggest that those who that are interested in conversions to utilize the Brewers Engineering site.
The four speed part of the drive train is all broken down to each of the components and shows all the variations of each component. It has been my 4 speed parts bible.

I still think it helps for people to see these parts uninstalled and then installed to help understand what is needed. I have what I would consider a very good understanding of Mopars but I don't know it all. People start seeing these C Body only parts in pics and this stuff might start showing up here in the For Sale sections.

I think a lot of people want a four speed in there C Body but are quickly discouraged by the unknown on here. I take it as a challenge when most say the either wouldn't or it can't be done.

Anybody can order a five or six speed kit with a hydraulic clutch setup and install it. I like to do this with OEM parts.

No doubt Brewers is a wealth of knowledge but they even acknowledged that they don't know it all when it comes to C Bodies.

Have you heard about the 4 speed 76 New Yorker that is supposedly out there?

Yes man, I commend you on that one! I realize there was no "off the shelf" OEM bolt in solution for you on that one.

Hello everyone, I as well would like to make my 65 Vert a 4 speed car, either behind a 383 or 440. Anyone know where I might start finding nessessary parts ie. floor shifter hump and a complete peddle set up.. Interested in any parts and help. I am definitely not Faint OF Heart,,,, Thanks in advance Catfish-65 PS I,m Old enough to Love the old ground shaking 4 Speed cars,,,,,

Hello everyone, I as well would like to make my 65 Vert a 4 speed car, either behind a 383 or 440. Anyone know where I might start finding nessessary parts ie. floor shifter hump and a complete peddle set up.. Interested in any parts and help. I am definitely not Faint OF Heart,,,, Thanks in advance Catfish-65 PS I,m Old enough to Love the old ground shaking 4 Speed cars,,,,,
I would like to suggest that you start a thread of your own for your project. By keeping your progress fro the start in its own thread, we can all ride along with you and will give you the best advise there is out there. C-body 4 speeds are in a league of their own. I seriously look forward to this.

With or without lockup torque converter? Moot point. We're real men and we're talking 4 speeds here. LMAO :D

That is why God gave us a left leg.

Does that mean you were a real man, and are no longer?

Yes, with lockup converter.

I don't know that a 4-speed would be appropriate in an Imperial.

I just think of the 518 swap as an "Imperail 4-speed." :)

But poking you aside, I'm totally on board with the C-body 4-speed thing. One of my dream cars is still an R-Code '63 Galaxie 4-speed (or clone). Love those cars. It was a shame when NASCAR moved away from the full-size cars in... '65(?). All the majors had reductions in their performance images with the full size lines.

Big, fast cars with manual transmissions are cool.

Quite a few guys have done a 5 speed conversion on their cop Crown Vics.
I had a 96 Impala SS I seriously did a lot of research in putting in a Tremec. I know of two.

That sounds excellent and I'll be glued to your project Catfish

I would like to suggest that you start a thread of your own for your project. By keeping your progress fro the start in its own thread, we can all ride along with you and will give you the best advise there is out there. C-body 4 speeds are in a league of their own. I seriously look forward to this.

X2 everyone that does a manual conversion definitely deserves it's on thread !!!

We may have at least 3 going here soon .. Mr Mopar, Aidan, and Catfish WOOOO HOOOOO !!!!! ;)

Stan ??? a 4th or 5th gear in your future ???

Back