40 years ago

40 years ago I bought my first new Mopar.

003a.jpg

001a.jpg

1976 - wow long time ago! In 1976 my wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, the birth of my son and my Fury's first big ouch when a city police car slid and took out most of driver's side.

I've been waiting for it to be available. That camper has been on it since I sold the truck in 83. It had 49000 km on it. Yes, km. I ordered it with a metric only speedometer since we were changing the next year.

View attachment 105775

Since i've bought my 15' Ive seriously thought about letting it go and locating a truck of this vintage and driving that everyday. So impressive, why did you let it go?

Since i've bought my 15' Ive seriously thought about letting it go and locating a truck of this vintage and driving that everyday. So impressive, why did you let it go?

This is what I used it for. When my daughter came around, there was no safe place to put the car seat, so we needed a crew cab. I sure missed the buckets and the beer cooler - I mean console - in that truck.

003 resize.jpg

003 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Gee 40 years ago I graduated high school and bought my first car for a grand.

What was it ?? A 1969 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible !!! F8 Ivy Green with black roof & black interior. 318 engine 79,000 miles on it. OH the memories !!

Another BTW: In 1978 Chrysler France won again - with the Horizon:

coty-horizon.jpg

My grandpa drove this hatchback - and it actually was quite a good car![/QUOTE]

We had quite a few Omnis. Had the best ride for a small car. Great on the highway.

Well, 40 years..... and 147 days ago today, Americans celebrated the Bicentennial.
When the Freedom Train rolled through my hometown in Ohio, I was just fourteen. but it left a lasting impression on me on how America really was the greatest country to grow up in. I think the whole city came out to see it.
Bicentennial_Freedom_train.jpg
Bicentennial Operation Sail.jpg

Back