57 dodge Custom Royal Lancer Windshield Fact Finding Mission

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm doing some research on the 57 Dodge Lancer. is there a major difference between the Custom Royal 2dr/4dr HT and the custom Royal Lancer in body styling? I'm doing some fact finding for a windshield replacement on a 57 Custom Royal 4dr HT

Are these indeed the same car with different badging and options?:confused::confused::confused:

There were three series of models in 1957 starting in ascending order with Coronet, Royal and Custom Royal. The word "Lancer" just means it is the hardtop version (with no B pillar). They are all the same body and would all use the same windshield. The key word is Lancer that distinguishes which windshield you would need.

If you want more detail, you could contact Timo Tanskanen of Riverside, CA at 951 687-6579. He sources what are probably the best bubble windshields for those models from Finland (where they are really skilled at remanufacturing vehicle glass) but there are two downsides. Correctness that you can count on is not cheap and there may be a wait for getting the glass. Best to give him a call for more details. Good luck.

Is there something you're not telling us T? Like a FL is in your future?

I'm pretty sure a FL should be in every ones future. Well ..... Maybe not Gary's.

Not what I've been told.:D
551.jpg

Last edited:
Hey sb61fury, I noticed these on Ebay today. Maybe you could use them? Just passing along the info on what must be somewhat hard to find parts to someone that might need them:

1961 Plymouth Sportone headlight covers. Anodized Aluminum dress up kit. | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

They are shown below installed on a very nice application - just beautiful! A perfect photo angle for that car.

s-l500.jpg
they are on my watchlist . I have some for my car but it never hurts to have spares . I wont bid until the last minuite. My car came with these .

Rare trim set. My 61 was equipped with this option from the factory and are already restored including NOS side
DSC01621.JPG
spears. Can't wait to get to that point.

Sorry to hijack the tread but...
What kind of lift is that?

It's officially a motorcycle lift but it worked great for supporting the Polara during the reconstruction. Perfect height for this instance.
It has a 1500lb lifting capacity

I was thinking about using one similar like that. But I didn't know if it would support. My trunk floor needs replaced also. So my body guy and I were trying to figure out how to lift it and keep it supported.

Back