WANTED 66 new yorker steering wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

althepal

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a steering wheel for my 66 new Yorker with tilt and telescope column. I would consider a wheel in any condition. The original one on my car was cut in four places by some genius. Thanks for looking!

Hello Bob, if the Newport wheel will fit on my column that would be great! I was under the impression that it needs to come from a tilt/telescope column. Thanks.

From what I have read it wont fit. I believe yours is mopar and mine is saginaw. Thank you for the quick response.

I am also looking for a fan shroud. It is 26 inches wide. Chrysler # 2579011 Bob, maybe your 65 Newport had one?

65 tilt only wheels and regular column wheels won't fit. You are correct that the Tilt Tele wheel is Saginaw made.

65s only had the 22" rad - the 26" rad with plastic shroud is a 66 and up item.

I have a parts 66 Tilt Tele wheel - it is driver only quality as the wheel is cracked and the hub parts are a bit pitted. The wheel looks fine under a leatherette lace-on cover..

Message me if you're interested. I live in Brantford Ontario Canada so shipping may be an issue.

Unfortunately that centre hub cover and wheel won't fit his T.T. wheel and column... it has to be like the assembly shown here:
More pics 001.jpg

More pics 001.jpg

Further to that, Althepal and I have been in touch and I sold him a wheel (the actual wheel in that picture) but with no centre hub cover and emblem... so if someone has a 66 - 68 tilt and tele centre hub and emblem he'd be interested!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back