WANTED 69/71 C body pass side mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonellomopar

Reaction score
Contact seller
Need the passenger side external rear view mirro for my 70 300 conv. Thank you

s-l1600aaa.jpg

Not the easiest part to come by as most cars were not equipped with them, however persistence pays. Also 71 is rectangular so you are looking for 69-70. And to help your searching, it is referred to as a "side view mirror". Best of luck!

And not the easiest part to locate but the NOS and used parts suppliers definitely have these

The repop I bought appeared to be an exact mirror image of my original.
To my eye, anyway.

Original:
image.jpg

Repop:
image.jpg

Notice the spine goes up the back further on the repop. I think it is actually designed for earlier years.

Last edited:
Thanks. Interesting though. My factory mirror (67 Newport) looked exactly like the repopped mirror.

And just to complicate matters a little more.... Here's the mirror on my 70 300 convertible. My car did not originally have a right side mirror and the PO added this one. I believe it's a Chrysler "Accessory" mirror. This would be the mirror listed in the accessory catalog and the dealer would install it should you want it added to your new car in 1970.

I put a Chrysler accessory mirror on a 73 Barracuda back in 1974 and the mirror kit included expanding nuts and could be installed without removing the door panel.I assume that the 70 mirror would be the same.

James spotted the difference. He's now our fuselage mirror expert.

BTW, the right side mirror is pretty much worthless. If you want it for looks, great.... If you want it for functionality, forget about it.

I was looking for the same thing as mine had the glass missing. Was able to piece one together from one I got from a member here. Unfortunately it had a different base but I was able to combine the two to make one. I then had a glass shop cut new glass for it.
IMG_2834.JPG
IMG_2837.JPG

I never said it was an inaccurate reproduction, just that it is not correct for 1970. It's design is obviously based on an earlier mirror.

Just to be clear: the mirror I am holding in my original post is a factory correct 1970 300 mirror, from a 1970 300. This one happens to be the remote, drivers side, p/n 2935875-46140-35452. The image labeled "repop" is from various listings and parts dealers, advertising that this is the "correct" mirror for a 1970 Chrysler 300, which it is not.

This image below is the correct passenger side view, p/n 2999004-46140-35457:

image.jpg
image.jpg

I never said it was an inaccurate reproduction, just that it is not correct for 1970. It's design is obviously based on an earlier mirror.

Just to be clear: the mirror I am holding in my original post is a factory correct 1970 300 mirror, from a 1970 300. This one happens to be the remote, drivers side, p/n 2935875-46140-35452. The image labeled "repop" is from various listings and parts dealers, advertising that this is the "correct" mirror for a 1970 Chrysler 300, which it is not.

This image below is the correct passenger side view, p/n 2999004-46140-35457:

View attachment 113072 View attachment 113073

Yup same as mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back