Not open for further replies.

SeaFuse

Reaction score
Contact seller
Great color combination.

1969 Chrysler Imperial

IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1084.JPG

How much you think it would cost to fix something like that?

not an easy fix. the body lines are destroyed. best bet might be to replace the quarter.

Most of that would pull fairly easily, the low line is the tough part. The crease at the bumper and over the wheel, and pinch at the top, fighettabout it

What a shame, but even with the cost of repairing the dent, rust and respray, it wouldn't be as much as some other folks are asking for their similar vintage Imperials.

Have all of the Fusie 2dr Imperials disappeared off the face of the earth?

Even if you went heavy on the dough, it's better than scrapping the car. It's not structural. A cheap way into the hobby until your skils get better.

And if you wanted to do it right, any '69 Chrysler C panel would work. (or '70-'71 with more work).

Wonder if that's a fresh dent? Heartbreaking if it happened to a recently acquired classic car. Suregrip on ice situation?

So what’s your further thoughts on this IMP?

You think for low enough it’d be a good deal even with the bad quarter?

Below is what he said about it.

Thanks.

Dale

"The paint is original except for the left passenger door that was repaired & repainted before me. No rust repair, no major rust on undercarriage"

anyone saw this car in person yet? do you feel if one got it under 3K it would be a good deal even sigh unseen?

anyone saw this car in person yet? do you feel if one got it under 3K it would be a good deal even sigh unseen?

SELLER DESCRIPTION

1969 Chrysler Imperial with 61K miles, 440 with 4 barrel, 727 Trans, leather interior, vinyl top, new tires & exhaust. Runs & drives great. Rust minimal, garage kept. Damaged left rear quarter (see photo). $3500 or best offer.​

havent seen it, and not a buyer.

BUT, thats a 69 Imp, and if I was buying, i'd be in for <=$3K without eyes on IF:

(1) good electrical, meaning most stuff works, (2) NO other accident damage besides what's clearly visible, and (3) seller behavior (good communication, responsive, few more photos of things i'd wanna know, etc.) gave me good vibes.

thats not SO much lettuce that I'd jump off a building if i got it wrong. plus, it looks worth MUCH more than that, even after repair/transport if I had to part with it later.

00707_aWWayMNE9tT_600x450.jpg
01212_84s9k85dXrW_600x450.jpg
00m0m_iTjcznnYz8n_600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back