Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Now this land yacht caught my eyes.

For sale, Rare 1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham
$2,500.00, 429 V8 automatic, dual exhaust, 2-door hardtop Coupe , leather interior good condition all original with fender skirts color blue on blue. Runs, licensed until August 2017, mileage shows 60,483 this is a great deal. Please call Nolan's locksmith
Rare 1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham
00H0H_34Nm2UkS5sg_600x450.jpg
00J0J_hU0u8eX6W01_600x450.jpg

Looks like a pretty good deal. That Merc would have a serious attitude if it were black on black

I like it... and well priced too.
Gosh, at first I thought I was looking at a Dodge Royal Monaco!

1976_dodge_royal_monaco_brougham_3_lgw.jpg
I can see it now... that merc could get an occasional "nice Dodge":poke:
Nice Mercury...
I could like that car a lot!
I bet you could have slipped this one past the Garlits folks as a "C body":rolleyes:

I love these old Mercury cars or at least the way they drive and for comfort. I will tell it is harder to find parts for these cars. Sadly, for me it was easier to find parts for a "Formal" New Yorker than a Mercury Marquis.

What I mean by parts is trim and body parts. Some of the parts aren't too bad because some of them are the same ones used by Ford and Lincoln. I will say it is easier to find parts for the Ford LTD which is the sibling car to the Marquis along with the Lincoln Continental.

If there was an engine I'd go with in these cars I would go with the 429 or 460. I'd stay away from the 400 just because of some of the manufacturing defects early engines were known for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back