'74 Fury wipers repair

josehf34

Reaction score
I've been dealing with my '74 fury wiper because since I owned it have never worked and now the weather is crazy where I live so I need them working.

I bought a kit of linkage bushings but seems to be that the wiper cam is broken so the wiper motor can't link to the wiper transmission

I've been googling to see where can I buy a replacement part but I've only found NOS and really expensive parts

Any idea where can I look for it ?

I'm considering the upgrade to a three speed wiper motor so maybe I'll prefeer the wiper cam for three speed wiper motor

Can you post pictures so I can see what the problem is?

I asked Jules the Wiper Man once if a 3spd could replace a 2 spd. His answer was NO because the wiring harness is completely different. Its not a matter of replacing the motor and the switch

The problem is much more there's anything between the wiper transmission and the wiper motor, the unique part that I found laying around there was one of the plastic bearings. I'll take a picture tomorrow !

I asked Jules the Wiper Man once if a 3spd could replace a 2 spd. His answer was NO because the wiring harness is completely different. Its not a matter of replacing the motor and the switch

So, maybe could be time for a complete upgrade for use this kind of motor. Don't you think?

I attached the best picture I could take of my wiper transmission

IMG_3660.JPG

IMG_3661.JPG

IMG_3736.JPG

The bushing at the wiper motor is the same as the ones on the wiper transmission pivots. The problem I found is that the ones in the Help variety pack available at AAP and AZ are not constructed properly. You can still get the correct one(s) from the Chrysler parts dept. Ask for the wiper linkage bushing for a 95-98 Dodge full size van IIRC. They are about $2 something a piece but are constructed correctly with the locator tab. That is the problem with one in the Help variety pack that I encountered...no locator tab.

Bob is our Formal Wiper guru. There is nothing that can stump him.
I didn't know about the incorrect HELP bushings. Thanks.

The bushing at the wiper motor is the same as the ones on the wiper transmission pivots. The problem I found is that the ones in the Help variety pack available at AAP and AZ are not constructed properly. You can still get the correct one(s) from the Chrysler parts dept. Ask for the wiper linkage bushing for a 95-98 Dodge full size van IIRC. They are about $2 something a piece but are constructed correctly with the locator tab. That is the problem with one in the Help variety pack that I encountered...no locator tab.

In my local chrysler dealer they don't have parts for my fury or even a 90s Vann (I don't live in the US). Can I buy the bushings online?

I was expecting to need some extra parts like the ones of the attached image kit, for example I only have one of the two big bushings

DSC07441.JPG

IMG_3737.JPG

You can search the following places for the part number in your picture at the following sites or PM Dobaluvr and he can check the North America Chrysler dealers for availability for it.

www.partsvoice.com

or www.arizonaparts.com

I think the Mopar part # for those bushings is 3799089 or maybe this Dorman kit is the same Dorman/Windshield Wiper Linkage Bushing 49447 - Read 1 Reviews on Dorman #49447

I think I'm a bit confused, I know those bushings are for the wiper transmission but what about the big bushings of the wiper motor? (the one in the attachments), Will I need them or this replacement bushings would be enough?

Back