WANTED 8-3/4" 2.76 Sure-Grip - 489 case

Status
Not open for further replies.

73Coupe

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a Complete, solid unit I can drop into my housing, in place of the existing 489 "standard" differential.

Any condition or ratio considered if I can rebuild it and change the gears. But would prefer something that doesn't require any serious work. I might be having a pipe dream...

I have a case with 3.55 sure grip. The u-joint exploded and stripped two of the holes that mount the u-joint. If you're interested let me know. I don't remember what case it is but that is easily remedied.

Here are the pics of the third member I have. Sorry, it is also a 741 case.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Here's what I was telling you about. When the u-joint exploded it took the right u-clamp with it. That top hole is stripped; you can see the other end of the bottom nut still in the hole.

Looking for a Complete, solid unit I can drop into my housing, in place of the existing 489 "standard" differential.

Any condition or ratio considered if I can rebuild it and change the gears. But would prefer something that doesn't require any serious work. I might be having a pipe dream...
I have a 68 suregrip stock center section still in the imperial housing. I can ship it .

If nobody else is interested, how much for the 294/742 case? It is a SG, correct?

I have atleast 4 sure grip units, I'll check what ratios they are tomorrow, an I know there 742s, might be a 489 in there to

Bump.

I am still looking for a 489 2.76, sure grip a plus. All of the above didn't pan out. Would prefer something that hasn't been sitting outside (and likely full of water and rust).

The differential in my car has some backlash that's in excess of the specs and I need to replace it soon before it replaces me!

Thanks, 73

I want to add sure grip, plus need to get/build a plug n' play diff car as the car is my daily driver. The swap has to happen in a day, down time not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back