All makes car show in Detroit

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
on September 18th in Grosse Point Shores. Should be a nice venue for a show and below the link is some further explanation.

http://www.gpshoresmi.gov/Portals/40/PDFs/Classic car show flyer 2016.pdf

This is a beautiful setting on Lake St.Clair, next to the GPYC. There is a marina, lakefront walk, pier, and a beautiful big-tree park setting. This park is generally only open to residents, and I'm looking to see if anybody has a really nice,drive-able ride to this event. This will be a growing event, and is sure to be a "must-do" in the future. Joe Pappas is bringing one of the "Mopar/Motown Missile" cars. If you have a nice [any brand] car, pre-1990...bring it out. There will be cider-donuts, free hotdog, chips, pop[for car owner/driver]....dash plaques, and several trophies. Music will be non-blaring... 60's, 70's, and 80's tunes. There is a concession stand. I used to run the security at this park for the Dept of Public Safety, some time ago. Nice place!!! See and please complete/return entry for my wife to get proper amounts of supplies/food. This is the 1st time, and should be a great start. Pre-registered folks will get dash plaques, until they run out. We have no idea how many will attend....but hoping for at least 100. NO TRAILERS unless you have something spectacular.

Haven't decided yet Bob, depends on the weather. If it's really nice I'll take the vert.

Definitely call the number if you plan to come.

Hi folks. It's imperative that people that plan to attend this show, call or email the contact info[above]. This is a first time show, and a rough head-count will be very helpful in the planning of supplies. Please contact as a courtesy.

Thanks, Mike Ricketts/Macomb Missile.

Last edited:
FYI, that's the same weekend as the 20th annual VCCA club show on Jefferson in St. Clair Shores. Also on the lake (but with less of a view) literally about 2 miles north.

Somebody shoulda known that. This show is pretty good, in the park, under trees. Good for spectators I guess?

It's not an entirely bad thing that the majority of the Chebbies will be down the street...

Like I said, good for spectators but I hope they don't hurt each other. My favorite car a VCCA a few years back came from the pointes... 1922 Pierce Arrow.

Hi folks. It's imperative that people that plan to attend this show, call or email the contact info[above]. This is a first time show, and a rough head-count will be very helpful in the planning of supplies. Please contact as a courtesy.

Thanks, Mike Ricketts/Macomb Missile.

Thank all of you for the show, display, and passes at the Nats.

FYI, that's the same weekend as the 20th annual VCCA club show on Jefferson in St. Clair Shores. Also on the lake (but with less of a view) literally about 2 miles north.

Somebody shoulda known that. This show is pretty good, in the park, under trees. Good for spectators I guess?

This place is used daily by the Grosse Pointe Shores residents. Stuff like this never takes place here, and has to happen before Memorial-Day/after the Labor-Day weekend. We're hoping to have a less "parking-lot-show" type atmosphere, and something the wives and families would enjoy more. No doo-wop music blaring, and no drunks[alcohol is banned]. It's not intended be an all-day, participation award/bowling-trophy type of show. Everybody is welcome, just don't expect a carnival....just a nice/relaxing afternoon.

It looks like we have 30 cars who people have bothered to pre-register. Quite the variety, but it also appears to be mopar heavy. LOL. I'm thinkin' this is gonna be a good turn-out.

I'm looking forward to it especially since the fall show at Roseville Chrysler Jeep is cancelled this year.

This one-off 1934 Ford-Brewster will be brought over from the Edsel Ford Jr. collection..........

ipvz49.jpg

No other c-body guys coming? Gonna be a beautiful day on Lake St. Clair.

Just picked up a customer with a Detroit portfolio. I'll let you know when I'm gonna be in town. Working on getting my Michigan contractors license right now.

Please do, we could get together and talk about your new office desk.

Went great. Beautiful weather....good turnout, and lots of nice rides. I don't take pictures, so...........

I did and what a great show it was! Perfect setting, I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks to you and your wife. I'll start with the 3 C's, all coupes!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back