For Sale another original TNT 70 300 convertible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
well, looks like it. However, the VIN he has listed is not right, since the fifth digit is a G (318)

4r5yr5y.jpg
4y4r5yry.jpg
ertert.jpg
rtyrty.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
waerwaerwer.jpg
werwaer.jpg

A repainted car from Wisconsin and the trim left off. I saw that listing a few nights ago and didn't even bother to post it. Very likely a bondo bucket given it is from Wisconsin and given the listing errors, I wouldn't expect much from the seller. It does seem to have at least the right color valve covers (but the paint looks too nice to be original on them - so the VIN would be essential) and it has Autotemp 1 and no power windows (or power vent windows either!). That title to the video on YouTube doesn't distinguish it from a bunch of other videos, so it would take some time to find. Pass.

Last edited:
Is that a rimblow wheel used on non/tilt-tel columns? M7 70 300 had a different rimblow, was flat across the face and emblem was in the center.

The location of the nipple on the driverside manifold does look suggest an HP manifold.

Is that a rimblow wheel used on non/tilt-tel columns? M7 70 300 had a different rimblow, was flat across the face and emblem was in the center.

The location of the nipple on the driverside manifold does look suggest an HP manifold.

The dished wheel is a rimblow as well, but it was used on the tilt-only wheel, and the flat rim blow wheel was used on the tilt & telescope columns.

Given that the heat stove outlet is positioned fairly high, you are probably correct about the manifold being an HP, but the standard 440s also had a the heat stove outlet in almost the same location (just a little lower). I wouldn't be satisfied as to which engine it had unless I saw the VIN and verified the engine number.

"WP27G77123672" - from the link.

That entire VIN is incorrect. WP??? Not on any Chrysler I know of. Would be either a CE (Newport) or CM (300). CH is New Yorker, but none were convertibles. The sixth digit would indicate this car as a '77. This dog has fleas.

The dished wheel is a rimblow as well, but it was used on the tilt-only wheel, and the flat rim blow wheel was used on the tilt & telescope columns.

Given that the heat stove outlet is positioned fairly high, you are probably correct about the manifold being an HP, but the standard 440s also had a the heat stove outlet in almost the same location (just a little lower). I wouldn't be satisfied as to which engine it had unless I saw the VIN and verified the engine number.
I figured that was the case on the steering wheels, thanks for the confirmation.
I just looked at a standard heat stove in the basement, and it is very close to #1, further forward than an HP.

I just noticed that this car is parked between 2 AMCs, a JamesBond Matador, and the dark blue AMC also is next to this 300 in the garage pics.

A repainted car from Wisconsin and the trim left off. I saw that listing a few nights ago and didn't even bother to post it. Very likely a bondo bucket given it is from Wisconsin and given the listing errors, I wouldn't expect much from the seller. It does seem to have at least the right color valve covers (but the paint looks too nice to be original on them - so the VIN would be essential) and it has Autotemp 1 and no power windows (or power vent windows either!). That title to the video on YouTube doesn't distinguish it from a bunch of other videos, so it would take some time to find. Pass.
hi all, well, still not update on the VIN. but i did find his video, he just walks areound the car and then starts it up, that's about it. and points out a few dents and scrapes.

Auction now updated with VIN: CM27U0138232 so should be the real thing.. (One more for your list Dale ;-) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back