For Sale Another Sick Puppy out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
1998LincolnMarkVIII.jpg

This one is supposed to be pretty fast.... I'll let you guys figure out who's leaning on it...

John Gotti Jr?

I've had 2 of these in the past, #1 around 2006, made the mistake to sell it and get a 98 Monte Carlo instead (an instantly-recognized error!) and then #2 a few years later. They are really decent cars, except for an achille's heel of the electric-boost braking & ABS system. Both had 140-160k on them and aside from normal repairs I had no major expenses. With some minor Mustang-type mods they move pretty well too, and I always got 22-23mpg out of them in mixed driving. Just a nice-driving car that an enthusiast would like, and a car that not everyone would understand why you dig it - just like a C-body.

I have read that either 3.73 gears, or the 5-speed, totally change the character of the car. Maybe one day I'll have one like that.

Those are one of my favorite Furd Motor Co products. I can't say if those are the OEM fogs, but they look nearly stock and are in the proper place for a LSC.

WAY too much blackout, but if you gave me a weekend and some lacquer thinner, I'd have her looking good.

Didn't realize they came with a manual stick, very nice! Not sure about all that black.
Agreed with both of you, would look much better with the original trim and wheels. An 80s car like this doesn't look right when 'morphed' into some other era.

Agree, cheesy fog lamps were standard equipment on LSC's

View attachment 115498
They weren't really cheesy, they were Marchal lights, and a very fitting addon for a performance car trying to kick its grandpa image. They're just dated in today's standards. My lights were MIA, so I added some larger 4x6 headlights in rubber housings, tucked up tight, and they looked much better than the originals.

Never liked them ..... at all
Ever spent any time around one? You might change your mind.

One of the only Lincoln's I really liked, Not sure on the manual trans I thought T-Bird turbo coupe only. Is it me or does it have a T-Bird steering wheel?
Yes, T-bird wheel, Commando covered the trans swap.

upload_2017-2-22_20-31-29.png

Mine ran great with the 5.0 HO.
Never used those fog lights as they were always out of alignment. Snow banks, curbs etc tended to knock them around.
Car did drive me nuts fixing pieces like window switches, air-ride system, cat-converters and rust.
Stuff i never have had to replace on a two year old mopar.

I had tweaked both of mine with exhaust, ditching the restrictive air inlet piping (for larger stuff) and underdrive pulleys. Barely scratching the surface, but totally woke the car up. Hard to fully find out, as I was always afraid to push them too hard while doing that 1-2-1 shifter thing to get it to rev up in 2nd. (for those not aware, the OD trans had a 3-detent shifter, 1, drive, and OD. So to redline in each gear, you hafta start in 1st, run to redline, move lever to let it shift to 2nd, and then put it back in 1st to hold 2nd, then move to Drive. Kinda scary for a Mopar guy to do!).

Both of mine had coilspring conversions. And yeah, window switches and PDL actuators are bad on those cars. Who puts a cupholder right above window switches??? :realcrazy:

Hard to fully find out, as I was always afraid to push them too hard while doing that 1-2-1 shifter thing to get it to rev up in 2nd. (for those not aware, the OD trans had a 3-detent shifter, 1, drive, and OD. So to redline in each gear, you hafta start in 1st, run to redline, move lever to let it shift to 2nd, and then put it back in 1st to hold 2nd, then move to Drive. Kinda scary for a Mopar guy to do!).
:realcrazy:
I forgot all about how to manually shift the AOD, I remember reading about Mustang guy's doing it and thought how dumb is Ford for not having a 2nd gear detent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back