antenna nut removal tool

I'm sure others will comment, but just by their descriptions, the purple one seems to have been specifically engineered with 4 cogs instead of 2 for a better fit and they take the trouble to advise what size wrench you'll require.

The other one seems more of a generic style.

It's worth paying for quality and fortunately neither are expensive. Good luck with the one you choose.

On a guess, either should work, but neither gives a measurement for between the spanners so there is no way to verify this with a measuring device on your car.

Here is a trick that may help if King Kong tightened the nut... use a dab of valve grind compound on the tips to help increase the grip... but be very careful so you don't wear away nice chrome. Start by seeing if you even need it and a drop of penetrating oil of some kind into the treads the day before would be advisable. But, before you put big torque to break free... the valve grind compound (less is more) and firm pressure holding the spanners in full engagement is a neat trick... works really good with allen screws, torx fasteners and softer hex nuts too. You can use masking tape on the painted surfaces if your worried about losing control of the tool (like breaking the nut/threaded portion)

Good gawd, unless you're in the antenna installation business, all you need is already in your toolbox.

Water%20Pump%20Plier_image3.jpg

Wrap some tape around the nut, that's all.

Good gawd, unless you're in the antenna installation business, all you need is already in your toolbox.

Water%20Pump%20Plier_image3.jpg

Wrap some tape around the nut, that's all.
Should work fine with a loose one... the super tight M'er F'ers will need something better to not hurt the nut.

Sorry, I did occasionally work in the antenna installation business... In my dealer days this would have been similar to the plastic oil filter housings... use the proper tool and torque that sucker tight enough to assure somebody without the proper tool breaks the damn thing.

It helped assure that the stereo shops and quick lubes upped their game a bit or quit touching crap they shouldn't.:D

For the older Chrysler cars the proper removal / installation tool is the same for dash mounted ignition switches. I have it and will post a picture of it later.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, it's on REALLY tight. I don't think the antenna has ever been removed since it was installed on the car.

I bought this on ebay about a year ago, I don't see it listed anymore. Works well, it also fits the nut around the ignition switch which is handy since the switch is recessed and the only other way I had to get at it was some needle nose pliers.

p.jpg

don't use the pliers. i found out that the pressure can crack the chrome.

I bought this on ebay about a year ago, I don't see it listed anymore. Works well, it also fits the nut around the ignition switch which is handy since the switch is recessed and the only other way I had to get at it was some needle nose pliers.
Thanks, this is the same on I have and was going to post pictures of. You beat me to the punch again.

Back