anyone ever use this guy's service?

dmac01

Reaction score
hey everyone,

been lurking and learning for a while now...working to fix up my 1969 chrysler 300 convertible (profile pic). Had to pull the dash to fix a serious short (ammeter bypass!) and discovered the dash dimmer switch is worn out.

Saw this guy on ebay when i was looking for a replacement and wondered if anyone has used his dimmer switch rebuild service?

67 68 69 70 Chrysler / Imperial Dash Light Dimmer Switch Rebuild Service

Thanks!

also thanks for the wealth of hard-earned knowledge shared on this site! Been invaluable...

I used him and was very pleased with the results. Turnaround was as promised. I'd use him again and would recommend him.

I have also bought parts from him in the past. One of the few (on eBay, anyway) you can count on to have correct part numbers, and if he says it is correct for your car, it definitely is.

ok, thanks to both of y'all for the update, looks like I will be sending my dimmer switch to him for refurb! Better than buying a nos one for $200+.

I used him for power window switches and was happy with the work and his service.

Just curious if you tried any Dioxit or other electronic cleaner on it first?
Or was there mechanical wear that prevented it from working?

Last edited:
It's a combination of wear and oxidation. It really needs to be taken apart to be cleaned and the contacts and rheostat coil are always so bad inside they need to be replaced.

Sometimes you can get a little more time out of them, I've sprayed them with tuner cleaner and had them work for a while, but the long term fix is to have them rebuilt.

Mechanical problem, the "spring" inside the rotating wheel that does something to the electrical power was stretched outside the wheel and unable to be moved back into place. Wish i had taken a pic of it.

Thanks again for the replies, everyone!

Back