Auto Temp servo unit help

bobfist

Reaction score
I wondering if someone can help me witch color on hoses on what number on the servo unit, some had come off and i don't know the correct place for them.

34dhi0p.jpg

bobfist's unit is an Auto-Temp I which I guess is considerably different from the Auto-Temp II setup.

Unfortunately I have no clue either as to exactly which hose goes where.

Last edited:
I wondering if someone can help me witch color on hoses on what number on the servo unit, some had come off and i don't know the correct place for them.

HVAC Auto Temp Confrol Unit Assembly 093.JPG

1= Black
2= Brown
3= Red
4= Orange
5= Yellow
6= Turquoise
7= Blue
8= Pink
9= White

Do you need anything else?

Leave it to Vodka. :thumbsup:
Where have you been?

Had a difficult start of the year. A lot to do, changes at work, changes at home. Things like that. Not much time for the Imp or anything else. But now, everything calms down a little bit and I'm preparing for a new work shop season. :)

I call it turquoise, maybe it's a light green. If the rest matches, you should be fine!
View attachment 117628

Vodka, do you believe yours will work once again? I haven't tackled the autotemp 1 system in my 1969 Imperial yet, but others I have talked to don't paint a very rosy picture. If anyone can, though, my vote would go to you. :thumbsup:

Vodka, do you believe yours will work once again? I haven't tackled the autotemp 1 system in my 1969 Imperial yet, but others I have talked to don't paint a very rosy picture. If anyone can, though, my vote would go to you. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your confidence :D I haven't found a reason why it shouldn't work. Nothing burned, nothing broken. But I haven't got deep into the atc1 system yet because it's not priority nr.1. Do you know what part usually fails on the atc1 system? I've read about problems with the silicon valve body thing, but mine looks fine. I'm definitely planing to make it work again someday, but its one of the last things on the car to fix.

Thanks for your confidence :D I haven't found a reason why it shouldn't work. Nothing burned, nothing broken. But I haven't got deep into the atc1 system yet because it's not priority nr.1. Do you know what part usually fails on the atc1 system? I've read about problems with the silicon valve body thing, but mine looks fine. I'm definitely planing to make it work again someday, but its one of the last things on the car to fix.

I have heard that the servo unit tends to leak vacuum when they age, causing it not to respond to the vacuum signals. I haven't really examined mine yet either.

I have heard that the servo unit tends to leak vacuum when they age, causing it not to respond to the vacuum signals. I haven't really examined mine yet either.
Isn't that the problem with ATC II? So it's the same with the ATC I system? hmm, I see a pattern here.

View attachment 117623

1= Black
2= Brown
3= Red
4= Orange
5= Yellow
6= Turquoise
7= Blue
8= Pink
9= White

Do you need anything else?
Old thread, but this is a problem that I also have. My 1969 Imperial LeBaron has Autotemp I. The hoses to the servo are loose and I found this old post. I dont have the 1969 shop manual, jiust the 1970. According to that the colors are different and yellow is nr 1, not nr 5. Can anyone here help me with that?

I also wonder if there have been a connector for all the hoses to make it easier to get every hose in the right place?

The modulated control vacuum is fine. It changes acording to the temperature and it seems like the servo works, its just the hoses that are placed wrong.

The vacuum to the slave circuit are lov. I get around 10-12 from the engine and vacuum tank.

Autotemp.png

Old thread, but this is a problem that I also have. My 1969 Imperial LeBaron has Autotemp I. The hoses to the servo are loose and I found this old post. I dont have the 1969 shop manual, jiust the 1970. According to that the colors are different and yellow is nr 1, not nr 5. Can anyone here help me with that?

I also wonder if there have been a connector for all the hoses to make it easier to get every hose in the right place?

The modulated control vacuum is fine. It changes acording to the temperature and it seems like the servo works, its just the hoses that are placed wrong.

The vacuum to the slave circuit are lov. I get around 10-12 from the engine and vacuum tank.

View attachment 607692
The page in the FSM refers to the colors somewhere else in the system but not the sequence in the control unit! That's obvious since there is no brown, blue or pink in the picture.
The colors change on the disconnect just outside the control box.

Here is a picture of one side of the connector that shows the colors shown in the FSM.
HVAC Actoator diaphragms 01.JPG

You can scroll through all my pictures in my Dropbox, maybe that helps! But my sequence in the control box is correct, I wrote it down before disassembly.
OEM

Last edited:
The page in the FSM refers to the colors somewhere else in the system but not the sequence in the control unit! That's obvious since there is no brown, blue or pink in the picture.
The colors change on the disconnect just outside the control box.

Here is a picture of one side of the connector that shows the colors shown in the FSM.
View attachment 607694
You can scroll through all my pictures in my Dropbox, maybe that helps! But my sequence in the control box is correct, I wrote it down before disassembly.
OEM
Thank you!v I didnt notice the connectors, they was hidden behind the metal shield. Now I understand why the colors differ.

My problem was at first that the blower would come on when the off button are pressed. I did check the two check valves but the seems to be ok. Air is distributed from both AC and heat outlets and the system goes off when I press Hi defrost.

As I wrote the servo vacuum seems to be right. Slave vacuum is never over 12 psi (from engine and thank). I suppose its to low but Im not sure. Vacuum to the transducer (from another tank) is much higher.

Unfortunately, I can't really help you more with that since I abandoned my ATC system long time ago in favor for a modern Vintage Air system.

Back