Back, more or less...

Boomer

Reaction score
Just wanted to resurface and say that we're (almost) settled here in Manassas, VA from NC. Started the move on July 29th, been back every weekend since to mow and pick up more. The movers have made 2 trips so far, 2 trucks each trip. A few things left in the garages and 2 storage units, but the worst of it is done. Still getting the other house ready to sell, hopefully by Monday. Heading back down Saturday to clean out the main garage, move it across the driveway to the smaller garage, mow, haul garbage to the dump, all the fun things you love to do when it's 97 degrees and humid.

Looking forward to sleeping again someday.

Hope the crew had a fun time at Carlisle. Maybe next year?

Just wanted to resurface and say that we're (almost) settled here in Manassas, VA from NC. Started the move on July 29th, been back every weekend since to mow and pick up more. The movers have made 2 trips so far, 2 trucks each trip. A few things left in the garages and 2 storage units, but the worst of it is done. Still getting the other house ready to sell, hopefully by Monday. Heading back down Saturday to clean out the main garage, move it across the driveway to the smaller garage, mow, haul garbage to the dump, all the fun things you love to do when it's 97 degrees and humid.

Looking forward to sleeping again someday.

Hope the crew had a fun time at Carlisle. Maybe next year?

Boomer! Glad to hear from you again. Looks like the light at the end of the tunnel isn't so far away now.

Glad the worst is over. I feel your pain as I just moved out of my house of 30 years a few months ago.

Yikes, 30 years worth.....sure felt like that for me even though we were only there for 8. Of course, I did haul a lot with me from up narth....

Worst damage was to my early 40s Onan flat head 3kw generator. One of the movers tried to roll it onto the lift gate and put it in the truck alone. It got away from him and when over the side (it's on wheels), broke two cast iron fittings off from the oil system. Bolt-on parts if I can find them.

In the meantime, been going back and forth with a so-called contractor (handyman would be overly generous) who messed up the wiring in 4 rooms at the old house swapping out outlets and switches. He also screwed up some of the paint work and wood trim and despite the photos I showed him, thinks he did a wonderful job and can't understand why I won't pay him the last payment. Uh...

The trip to Carlisle is a lot shorter for you now.....

About 4 hours less, depending on traffic. Made it back up here from NC in 3 hrs, 20 mins one night because it was late and traffic was light (for I-95). Took 5.5 hours to get down there a couple Saturdays ago. The good thing about Carlisle is, you can get there from here without any of the I-95/beltway rubbish. Hopefully will be settled in and have things squared away here well enough that some of the crew like Gary or Bob coming up from the south can crash here for the night on the way up.

Back