Barrett-Jackson 2017

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I have recorded and fast forwarded through the first few days of B-J 2017. Very few Mopar's for sale so far. Prices seem to be down for decent Mopar's. I've seen a 62 Forward Look sell for $30k. Also seen a 69 Dodge B200 crew cab sell for over $100k.

I have to go to B-J after I retire for good. I have a cousin that lives in Glendale so it will be a nice trip and fun to go to B-J with my cousin.

A very nice 1957 DeSoto Firesweep with a 352 Poly sold for $36k last night. Lot 847.1

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1957-DE-SOTO-FIRESWEEP--203868

203868_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

For the average Joe (like me) commando1 is right.It is not for the faint of heart....Mega rich people buy not because it's a car that has meaning to them.They do it to make them feel good.(sorry if offend anyone)

The behaviour and the attitude of the people at these auctions turns my stomach. I come out hating society and humanity. I just cant do it.

Not really.....

I go to Carlisle every year and see even better cars. It inspires me to see Mopar iron....even if I couldn't afford most of them at any price. I can always reminisce of the Mopar's I've opened in the past and dream of owning another in the future.

The big bucks will come out today and tomorrow. It really upsets me that this event throughout the years has really hurt the hobby. Everyone with an old car thinks they have gold. It is fun to watch, but after awhile you get tired of seeing all the Mustangs and Chevelles.

Although it has been a few years since attending a BJ Auction in Arizona, I find myself enjoying the cars and the variety of them a lot. I just stay clear of the big tent where all the drunks are doing the bidding - and all the noise. And you can't beat the weather at that time of year and the Scottsdale area is a remarkable panorama of scenery. There are also other simultaneous auctions going on at the same time nearby to visit. Go with a couple friends and you will have a good time. The atmosphere is a bit electric and upbeat.

Although it has been a few years since attending a BJ Auction in Arizona, I find myself enjoying the cars and the variety of them a lot. I just stay clear of the big tent where all the drunks are doing the bidding - and all the noise. And you can't beat the weather at that time of year and the Scottsdale area is a remarkable panorama of scenery. There are also other simultaneous auctions going on at the same time nearby to visit. Go with a couple friends and you will have a good time. The atmosphere is a bit electric and upbeat.

I totally agree Steve! It is a great show in spite of the unreal portrayal of the classic car hobby. But of course we don't go to movies that don't take a few liberties with reality either. With all the celebrity's there just consider it a big Hollywood production.

I'm happy just looking at the cars and taking pictures. I have a cousin that lives in Glendale that is a car nut too. So it'll be a great week to share with him when I finally do go to B-J.

Back