Colorado Cruise C-Body Style

Samplingman

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
My wife and I made a cross country trek to deliver our son to Santa Fe this past week. On the way, we tested the waters for "The Great Cruise" down Route 66 after my vert is done. I also took some time to stay with my friend in Colorado for a few days on the trip back east . On Saturday night, he took us to the local Dairy Queen where they host weekly cruises. This particular week we were greeted by a nice selection of C Bodies. I also scored a pair of rust-free fenders, steering column and complete driver quality rear bumper, markers and valance for my 70 300, and my friend picked up a set of original, show quality H70-15 Polyglass tires. All in all a a great trip. Oh, right, here are the pics.

IMG_5351.JPG
IMG_5352.JPG
IMG_5353.JPG
IMG_5361.JPG
IMG_5365.JPG
IMG_5368.JPG
IMG_5369.JPG

This Monaco 500 is all original, including paint. Burnt-orange interior, AC, 440, superlite. Not sure, but I think it has been discussed here before.
IMG_5348.JPG
IMG_5354.JPG
IMG_5355.JPG
IMG_5356.JPG
IMG_5357.JPG
IMG_5359.JPG
IMG_5360.JPG
IMG_5362.JPG
IMG_5366.JPG
IMG_5367.JPG

We have discussed the Black over burnt orange Dodge when it was for sale in CO a while back. Iirc it was a smokin deal that didn't last long. Good to see it, Incredible color combo!

Love that black/burnt orange car. Always liked the wheel covers with the big openings. Our 69 Polara had those.
Is it just me or are there more "superlite" cars now than 1970?

That doesn't look like Steve, or the Steve that I remember. Steve used to own or maybe does still own the wagon. As I recall it was originally green. Very nice car as he had it to Carlisle.
He shared the same passion as I did for the 70/71 but he preferred the Monacos

I think what he was saying is that there are more super lite cars now than were made.

Outstanding 300 that still looks fantastic even without the road wheels!

They are quite heavy, and cool.
The Monaco does look like the car that sold out of oregon
The 300 just glows
Thanks for posting up pics!
IMG_2391.JPG

That doesn't look like Steve, or the Steve that I remember. Steve used to own or maybe does still own the wagon. As I recall it was originally green. Very nice car as he had it to Carlisle.
He shared the same passion as I did for the 70/71 but he preferred the Monacos

Yep, that's his name. I didn't get a shot of the interior, but it was perfect, and green. I told the owner of the Monaco about this site, I'm hoping he joins.

Back