fuselage weatherstripping & window felts

70Tom

Reaction score
OK, so I've been doing searches and I can't seem to find any fuselage years weatherstrip or window felts. Anyone know where to find it or is it simply not made? I'm in need of replacing my outer window felts. Perhaps I'm just going to need to restore the ones I have?

I'm guessing I can just use universal weatherstrip for the trunk seal, so I don't think that's as big of a deal. I am being super careful while removing the window weatherstrip which is still soft and in decent condition.

Well, duh. I should have checked with Steele first instead of looking at parts houses.

In case anyone is wondering, Steele Rubber products has them. For other vehicles, I've liked their products.

Window felt weatherstrip

I found my window sweeps at Van's and they were a perfect fit. The door and roof weather stripping I bought through a dealer in Sask who found a source, but I don't know who. I do remember the weather strip was crazy expensive, about $550 in 2001 dollars!

Good to know Bill. Thanks. Those are less expensive than the ones at Steele as well.

Although crap, those are only for convertibles. Not for hard tops.

Hi 70Tom,

I can’t remember who it was but someone on here directed me to Metrosoft for the flocked weather strip that goes slides in the chrome strip that is on the front of the quarter glass. This is the strip weather strip that goes between the door glass and rear window on 2-door. I think the part number is VS 7-A/FL because I can’t find the receipt. This is a universal part so I used my old one as a template to cut it down. Metro Moulded Parts ~ Top Quality Automotive Weatherstripping and Rubber Parts

Softseal and Steele rubber are starting to make some products for our cars also.

SoffSeal Weatherstripping & Rubber Details=

Window felt weatherstrip

Although crap, those are only for convertibles. Not for hard tops.
Phone Van's, they probably have what you need. For a 2dr ht you still need a 8 piece kit. The rear sweeps are probably the same as the vert, but the door ones will be longer on the ht because it doesn't have a vent window.

Good post about the Herb's parts. Haven't heard of them before. They seem to have a lot of stuff, but dang, for my year, only catwhiskers for a 4-door-HT not a 2-door-HT!!

Good post about the Herb's parts. Haven't heard of them before. They seem to have a lot of stuff, but dang, for my year, only catwhiskers for a 4-door-HT not a 2-door-HT!!
Call Restoration Specialties direct. They may have them or they can make them using yours as patterns. You'll probably end up talking directly to the guys that make them.

They are pretty good to deal with. Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc.

I believe I have seen Cat Whiskers for a 71-73 Fusie coupe on the Restoration Specialties site. Their site is somewhat difficult to navigate, the catalogue for example opens up one pdf formatted page at a time, and very slowly. But their stock is wide. Many Mopar parts.

Here's the window felts (i.e. Belt Weatherstrip Kits) that Restoration Specialties has for C Bodies in their catalog.

161148_Restoration_Cat_txt_1_ 30.jpg
161148_Restoration_Cat_txt_1_ 31.jpg

They list a 73 Fury 2-door HT....are the roof lines and belt lines, door openings the same through all the carlines? They sure look the same just by looking at photos.

Just got off the phone with Restoration Specialties. First person I spoke with was mainly just a phone answering person and didn't know anything about cars. I then got on the line with Tim who was helpful. The correct part number for a 2-door 1970 Sport Fury is 970478A. In case anyone was wondering. I almost went with Herb's Parts due to ease of ordering online, but their shipping was exorbitant at $29.75. Restoration Specialties shipping was only around $12 and the felts were $10 cheaper too. That's all.

just to add some detail - ive just removed my door panels on a 68 fury, and find that the fuzz / whiskers are nailed thru the door panel.. i had no idea. and i have no idea of your car will be the same. i just did not expect them to be nailed thru/to the panel.

thats all i got.

- saylor

I believe mine are riveted. Luckily my door panel felts are good. Just the outer are bad.

Guys
I bought the 970478a ones for my 2drht fury but the rear outer ones are too long and the clips are in the wrong place.
I have the sport roof
Heeeeeeeeeelp!

Back