Going Down?

Thanks but I'm not sure about Carlisle. It's the same weekend as Good Guys. That really sucks because as much as I would love to go to Carlisle, I can go to Good Guys all weekend & sleep in my own bed.

If I had a choice between two shows one local and one that had me on the road i would take the one on the road in a heartbeat.

Any excuse for a road trip, just boils down to money, road trip cost more.

Alan

Fantastic looking!!!!

I'm thinking about a F.I. setup for my 66 Charger. I work from home so I am looking to make the Charger my daily driver. Most of the time when I need to go out I jump in the 66 instead of my 05 Ram Daytona. I like the instant gratification of F.I. over a cold carb. The Fury will stay with a carb for a good while.

Keep us posted on your F.I. setup and tune.

If I had a choice between two shows one local and one that had me on the road i would take the one on the road in a heartbeat.

Any excuse for a road trip, just boils down to money, road trip cost more.

Alan
I've traveled so much over the past 5 years that the appeal of a road trip has diminished.

Work is work, Carlisle is Carlisle!

Until you have been to Carlisle......... you don't know what you are really missing out on.

Oh, yes. Nothing like sleeping in Motel bed. Wonderful experience........

I've been doing that every two weeks...for two nights...for the last 10 years for work!! Yup it sucks as much now, as it did 10 years ago. ;)

And the Pimperial looks great. Should have pulled it out more so we could get a full side shot...;)

Last edited:
I've been doing that every two weeks...for two nights...for the last 10 years for work!! Yup it sucks as much now, as it did 10 years ago. ;)

And the Pimperial looks great. Should have pulled it out more so we could get a full side shot...;)

Exactly, it gets real old real quick.

I couldn't pull her out any more cuz there was a ridge of snow at the entrance to my place & several inches on the ground. I almost went for it but chickened out.

I will make it to Carlisle, just maybe not this year.

Ross, I think you might miss out on an opportunity to meet the biggest gathering of FCBO guys ever if you don't go this year.

That back seat in that imp is pretty big bring your pillow. LOL

Hey I slept in my 70 sport fury a few times...worked almost all night, got back and would have had to be into work again in like 3-4 hours. Curled up on the back seat and went to sleep....remember though...I'm 6'8"...;)

If your a smaller guy there Ross...you might sleep in the trunk. My buddy used to do this in his 70 Fury years ago when he'd been drinking too much. It had the vacuum release on the trunk lock so he would climb in and close the trunk and lock it. When he woke up he would push on the vacuum actuator and the trunk would pop open.

I worked on a Friday, drove all night to Ontario for Moparfest, did the show ....Motel around 9 PM. Back at the show at 8 am on Sunday morning, did the show and drove home Sunday night/monday morning.. some of us are car guys, others are just guys with a few cars

It's such a tough call. I'll make a decision soon.

Im 6' 0" but I'm not sleeping in a car. Way too old for that ****.

Never been to a good guys event but from the write ups in mags makes me think I'm too old to put up with that much gm.

Never been to a good guys event but from the write ups in mags makes me think I'm too old to put up with that much gm.
Other than 67-69 camaros, I like a lot of the GM stuff. Good Guys has thousands of cars on a HUGE fairground & there are hundreds of cars that I don't even know what the **** they are without reading the window tag.

Hot rods, rat rods, resto mods, low riders, survivors, TONS of cars for sale, beer, you name it. You can also drive around throughout the fairgrounds which is really cool.
Autocross, vendors out the ***, all the top builders, 1972 or older only, 20 minutes from my house...

Multiply that x amount of times....... and all Mopar and you are at Carlisle.

Back