Guilty Pleasures

still around today ... I buy a pack on occasion (when my Millennial kids - 30 and 28 yrs old - are in town. We fight over the "reds" :)).

View attachment 108780

the characters are speaking non-sense words .. I was "corrected" (not like in the "Shining" :) ) for using those words - which I knew were wrong but it was fun sayin' them.

clove-chewing-gum-discontinued-1.jpg

picked up this "habit" in college, circa 1980. My motto: Conquer early, Conquer often! Hard to find people my age who still wanna play .. let alone even know how :)

00-1.jpg

Then you have the game with the wooden armies.

l didnt own a game in 1980 ... a college chum did but I am pretty sure it had plastic peices.

the game i bought was a few years later -- mid 80's vintage - and it has these pieces stock photo from internet) .. plastic too.

00-1.jpg

Ooooo, the Ice Cream of City Slickers!

nah .. just the terribly weak, low resistance, "sweeets junkie bumpkin" i am. glad its almost $6.00 a pint in my area else I would weigh 1,000 pounds :)

honestly, TOO RICH but SO GOOD (i am only a rum raisin guy).. I only splurge once every six months -- and fast for a day before buying it

Last edited:
You and my wife. She CANNOT walk past one of these.

your wife sounds like a fun lady of great skeeball skill then :). this will be my "shuffleboard" habit when I'm 80 i hope. i can play it for hours.

won a gal I was sweet on in my late teens a stuffed animal at Cedar Point (local amusement park in Sandusky Ohio on Lake Erie). She ditched me when didnt get enough cash to buy a car that summer :)

00-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
the game that taught me at about 7 years old how wonderful "revenge" can feel .. they should have named it "Take That You (Fill in the blank). :D

Seriously, 50 plus years and I still dig it. used it to teach my kids good sportmanship vs. how I learned it playing with older cousins.

00-2.jpg

Last edited:
The full extent of my video game skill .. still have it (mid 1990's), still play it.

View attachment 109385
These are what got me into restoring cars. I would buy broken NES's and N64's and customize them, making a couple hundred bucks profit while doing so. Doing this is what gave me some money to pay for The Moose. I'll have to post some pictures if I can find some.

the game that taught me at about 7 years old how wonderful "revenge" can feel .. they should have named it "Take That You (Fill in the blank). :D

Seriously, 50 plus years and I still dig it. used it to teach my kids good sportmanship vs. how I learned it playing with older cousins.

View attachment 109383
Ha!! It's one of my Wife's favorite games!

I wanted to be the Jeff Richard's character Benjamin brother .. he got the sister I liked .. Julie Newmar's character Dorcas

00-1-0.jpg

Last edited:
If you're talking ice cream, this stuff is the s##t!
IMG_2308.PNG

more than fifty years later ... still in my kitchen. who'da thought?

AND when did they drop the word "Sugar" from FF? well into my college years it was as I remembered it as a child. a mere shadow of itself now .. but still good enough. :)

00-1-0.jpg

here's the box i recall (maybe not exactly BUT it had stripes) as a pre-schooler.

00-1-1.jpg

Back