Guilty Pleasures

more than fifty years later ... still in my kitchen. who'da thought?

AND when did they drop the word "Sugar" from FF? well into my college years it was as I remembered it as a child. a mere shadow of itself now .. but still good enough. :)

View attachment 113127

here's the box i recall (maybe not exactly BUT it had stripes) as a pre-schooler.

View attachment 113129
About the same time they dropped the word "sugar" from every thing. Remember Sugar Pops, Super Sugar Crisp? Make them the same way, drop and name, and the Sweet Nazis fall off your production profile and leave you alone.

I don't know why....but I love this movie. It's so bad, it's good. :D

Starship_Troopers_-_movie_poster.jpg

Also Ice Cream cakes from DQ.....I'll eat a whole one by myself!

"Honk" if you know what these are :). Not my actual pieces, but first one's i can remember from early 60's, A bit "creepy" now viewing them 50 years on, but I still think these are cool.

00-1-0.jpg

on my mind cuz my standard Valentine's Day gift (my adult daughters must have a 30 each of these from over the years) and my standard "gift" for young nieces and nephews today.

00-1-1.jpg

"Honk" if you know what these are :). Not my actual pieces, but first one's i can remember from early 60's, A bit "creepy" now viewing them 50 years on, but I still think these are cool.

View attachment 113238

on my mind cuz my standard Valentine's Day gift (my adult daughters must have a 30 each of these from over the years) and my standard "gift" for young nieces and nephews today.

View attachment 113239
PEZ?

I don't know why....but I love this movie. It's so bad, it's good. :D

Starship_Troopers_-_movie_poster.jpg

I kinda liked this movie too .. full of cliches but GOOD combat action.

But best "guilty pleasure" for me about this movie?

This girl (probably in her 20's in when she made this movie in 1999), but I really liked this girl .. (she's right at the age BELOW WHICH makes me a "dirty old man" :))

00-1-3.jpg

still don't know her? she married Charlie Sheen in 2002 -- it was a trainwreck almost beginning to end, and beyond.

00-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
I can still do these .. after 45 years.

00-2-0.jpg

This is Jacobs Ladder. I used to know a few dozen, but now only this one, Cup and Saucer, Witches Broom, Eiffel Tower, One Diamond, Two Diamonds, and Cat's Cradle.

Honestly, I use these as memory and dexterity tests -- like crosswords. Doctor told me to do brain/hand-eye exercises when I turned 50 that I could do when I was 10 - seriously - given our family history.

I do one a year with my 78 year old mom. She's ok -- just one of things we did with her as kids :),

She just likes the Thomas Kinkade pics .. go figure? I give her crap about it (friendly) .. but I'd do them without her if I had the time :)

I like jigsaw puzzles.

00-1-0.jpg

3-4 times a year (REAL butter, REAL cheese, bad carbs, etc.) is all I can take these days. made like they were when i was a kid.

i can't make 'em right anyway, so there's this little place near my house .. :)

00-1-3.jpg

This girl (probably in her 20's in when she made this movie in 1999), but I really liked this girl .. (she's right at the age BELOW WHICH makes me a "dirty old man" :))

View attachment 113241

still don't know her? she married Charlie Sheen in 2002 -- it was a trainwreck almost beginning to end, and beyond.

View attachment 113242

I actually love the redhead in that movie....Dina Meyers....Even more gorgeous now as she's matured.

images

The woman you posted up is Denise Richards. Very lovely woman in her own right...but just never worked for me. ;)

View attachment 113241

View attachment 113242

Denise Richards.. yummy. Lol

Purple Bubble Gum. 1966, when I first was allowed to cross the street alone (with a crossing guard) from my elementary school to the little candy/ice cream shop.

Penny each, seven for a nickel, scooped out of a jar with a silver scoop, by "Old Man Jenkins".

Still like 'em.

00-2-1-1.jpg

What does one like that go for?
A Lot.

I'm not sure you can order them that long. You would have to buy it and have it stretched, add the chrome, lights, bumper, drive fenders. That truck is at least 10 years old, or they spent a lot of $ to get rid of all evidence of it being a 2008 and up

View attachment 113241

View attachment 113242
Denise Richards. However, in "Troopers" all she did was smile. Ever notice that when watching it? She says something, and smiles. Turns her head... and smiles. Same for Maggie Grace in "Taken," except it wasn't smiling, it was running. In every scene she's in, except for the one where she's being bid on, she runs.

Back