Hood to cowl seal - Correct placement??

BK's 300

Reaction score
I've got a 1968 Chrysler 300 Convertible. I purchased a new hood to cowl seal. It has the attachment clips embedded in the rubber so attaching should be easy! The seal itself has a seam( slit/ opening) on one side and a flat face on the other.
QUESTION: Which way does the seam face( slit opening) face???? Engine side OR towards the rear of the car??? The smooth side ( flat face) towards the engine bay "looks" correct to me...I've read a few blogs and they say both ways???
THANKS,
BK

My parts car is showing the split to the engine side. I'm thinking to seal air from seeping onto the windshield.

I'm not sure this helps, it is the only picture I have right now. Will look at the one from my 500 at lunch.

1969 Polara, I wasn't taking this picture of that.
2014-02-23_002.jpg

Alan

Split to the engine side is what the blogs "leaned" towards..... it just doesn't look right to me.... ❓❓❓
Thanks for your input, ill probably do as you suggested. Ill wait for a few more comments/ pics.... thanks!!
BK

Split to the engine side is what the blogs "leaned" towards..... it just doesn't look right to me.... ❓❓❓
Thanks for your input, ill probably do as you suggested. Ill wait for a few more comments/ pics.... thanks!!
BK
My 69 300 split faces engine

Although the spec shows the split facing forward all three originals I have seen have the split to the rear.

Alan

It seemed to me that it should be attached that way BUT numerous replies as well as a few blog searches said otherwise . It is installed with the seam towards the engine, looks ok.... i appreciate the replies very much!
Thanks,
BK

It seemed to me that it should be attached that way BUT numerous replies as well as a few blog searches said otherwise . It is installed with the seam towards the engine, looks ok.... i appreciate the replies very much!
Thanks,
BK

IMG_20231006_123603938_HDR.jpg

Back