For Sale If I had the money, room...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the car, I wonder if it would be a good replacement for my wife's car?
Perfect DD. So, it ain't a Hemi. Rather have a simple V6 for DD use anyway. Good examples are getting hard to find.
https://cfl.craigslist.org/cto/5353258227.html

Put in a Hellcat engine...
00W0W_16TWIhJ9FfP_600x450.jpg

HERE IS A GREAT DEAL ON A 2005 DODGE MAGNUM SXT 3.5L, 4DR, AUTOMATIC, 6CYL, ALL POWER OPTIONS, TINTED WINDOWS, FACTORY STEREO WITH 6 DISC CD, FACTORY ALLOY WHEELS, ICE COLD A/C, LEATHER INTERIOR, BLACK EXTERIOR, RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT, CLEAN INSIDE AND OUT, WOMAN DRIVER SINCE PURCHASED NEW!!
contact name:
  • Dave
call or text:
  • ☎ (863) 840-1073

Buy the same car from Bavaria and get the steering wheel on the left side. Never understand why Mother never tried to advertise and sell the Magnum and only sold the 300 estate (touring) in their foreign marketz

If I were in the used car market right now, I would be looking hard at a well kept 2008 Magnum that usually can be had at a decent price. Or the other choice would be a 2008 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor that was a special use unit (not typical police duty) which could also be obtained at a good price. Both are durable and perform good for daily use, but the Magnum just looks brutal. And all black really stands out too for either car.

Thank you, no one else ever seems to understand when I predict that future for them. Cant run a stock brass era car on anything but secondary roads during clear daylight conditions. One day your "drive by human car" will be labeled a safety hazard and young Dylan will be one of the few who even understand a carburetor, distributor or points. Of course by then he will feel old and most of us wont be driving, but your at the beginning of the end.
I know what you mean about firsts and lasts. I got to witness my mom drive a car for the first time and was there when her last car was sold. Electric cars are the future but they were also some of the first "horseless" cars. I think we will enjoy our cars for some time but eventually, they will be extinct.

Stan, black cars should be illegal in the south.

Well the 5.7 or the 3.5 motor choice is debatable...the motor not to get is the 2.7. I remember talking to a man a few years ago the he said he got only 16 mpg highway. Plus, the motor is typically not known to last long and it sucks oil. I will stick with my '04 GTO with 6 speed that has got 26 mpg on the straight highway.

Well the 5.7 or the 3.5 motor choice is debatable...the motor not to get is the 2.7. I remember talking to a man a few years ago the he said he got only 16 mpg highway. Plus, the motor is typically not known to last long and it sucks oil. I will stick with my '04 GTO with 6 speed that has got 26 mpg on the straight highway.

Got stuck with a rental Charger driving through central PA about 6-7 years ago 2.7 couldn't pass traffic and I was always to the wood trying to get uphill.

The idea to upgrade driveline wont work out nice. This generation of cars you would likely need to replace all wiring harnesses and computers from your donor car just to start. The entire suspension and brakes may be different... just find a clean used optioned as you like it model.

I had a customer ask us to upgrade his 3 month old car to HID headlamps like his buddy's car. They were an option the year, I spent ten minutes in the parts computer and came up with $20k worth of different parts. I told him he could trade the car, live with it, or pay me to complete his estimate. He left... sure he thought I was the *******... you would be surprised how much changes and how integrated newer cars can be.

Buy the same car from Bavaria and get the steering wheel on the left side. Never understand why Mother never tried to advertise and sell the Magnum and only sold the 300 estate (touring) in their foreign marketz

Because vehicles sold by Chrysler in Europe are Chrysler-badged only. No Dodges or Plymouths. For example, a Chrysler Viper, Chrysler Neon, Chrysler PT Cruiser, and so on.

2.7's were very prone to sludge buildup if oil changes were not done regularly. Replaced more than I care to remember mostly Sebrings/Libertys. Good engine to avoid if you don't know it's service history.

I like the car, I wonder if it would be a good replacement for my wife's car?

It has possibilities... start looking at local prices. Dobalovr would be a great price barometer if your local market is hot. Its amazing the value of the same car changes so much as move around the country.

2.7's were very prone to sludge buildup if oil changes were not done regularly. Replaced more than I care to remember mostly Sebrings/Libertys. Good engine to avoid if you don't know it's service history.
The same is true for VVT 5.7s.

The real problem with that engine was that the oil temperature got too hot, but if you changed the oil more frequently than 4K miles, they usually were pretty good engines.

The real problem with that engine was that the oil temperature got too hot, but if you changed the oil more frequently than 4K miles, they usually were pretty good engines.

The sludge issue is industry wide... change your oil. Higher operating temps and aluminum which conducts heat very efficiently makes sludge issues more prevalent, IDK of any manufacturer that hasn't had maintenance related failures. The 2.7 was a nice in house way to solve the power issues of the Mitsubishi 2.5...they just put it in too big a car IMO, but I never liked smaller engines on road trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back