I'm reaching out ??

Dodgy Dick

Reaction score
Gidday Mate!!,
How many Aussies down under follow this 69 to 73 C body forum? let us know, add a post, what Australian State are you in? what 69 to 73 C Body do you own, Aussie assembled or Import?, what parts do you have for sale?
Let's hear your story, Yeh!!
R

Hi Dodgy, I'm in the mid-north of SA. Don't own a C body, but can't wait to have one of these again:
Imperial.jpg
my old '73, which is still in Adelaide. I have a windscreen which came off a '69 Phoenix sedan plus 2 sets of hubcaps, if you're ever in SA and want them, let me know. Cheers.

Yasou Dodgy.
In Melbourne, don't have a C body yet but am looking at pulling the trigger on a 1969 to 1971 Imperial.
crv your 73 what did it drive like? (Say compared to a Chrysler by Chrysler. I am guessing a lot softer and smoother? or no real comparison?)

Yasou Dodgy.
In Melbourne, don't have a C body yet but am looking at pulling the trigger on a 1969 to 1971 Imperial.
crv your 73 what did it drive like? (Say compared to a Chrysler by Chrysler. I am guessing a lot softer and smoother? or no real comparison?)
It was very quiet, smooth and effortless to drive, really nice. I had a '70 Phoenix at the time, which was also very comfortable and easy to drive, but the Imperial was something else. From the driver's seat all I could see was this enormous, long bonnet, fantastic. Among so many Cadillacs at that show, the Imperial stood out. You certainly won't regret buying an Imperial.

Hello CRV, Thanks your note, I bought my 69 Phoenix (AKA Fury 111) also from Adelaide South Australia and drove it 2,000 Km's home to Queensland. A lovely original car 58,000 miles.
I would be interested in a hubcap or two,
R

Hello CRV, Thanks your note, I bought my 69 Phoenix (AKA Fury 111) also from Adelaide South Australia and drove it 2,000 Km's home to Queensland. A lovely original car 58,000 miles.
I would be interested in a hubcap or two,
R
PM me your email address and I'll send you pics of the hubcaps.

Thanks for the response crv. My old man had a 71 Phoenix Hardtop 4 Door Hardtop 383 2V (Fury III). I remember it was fantastic between 60 to 80 MPH would cruise smooth and surprisingly had almost no wind noise from the A Pillars and front door window seals (unlike the VH Chrysler range)
If the Imperial is a lot quieter and smoother than the Phoenix then I don't think I will be disappointed.
By the way I remember your Imperial for sale at the all Chrysler show. My memory is a bit vague but was it in 1996?

Thanks for the response crv. My old man had a 71 Phoenix Hardtop 4 Door Hardtop 383 2V (Fury III). I remember it was fantastic between 60 to 80 MPH would cruise smooth and surprisingly had almost no wind noise from the A Pillars and front door window seals (unlike the VH Chrysler range)
If the Imperial is a lot quieter and smoother than the Phoenix then I don't think I will be disappointed.
By the way I remember your Imperial for sale at the all Chrysler show. My memory is a bit vague but was it in 1996?
That's correct, in '96 I drove it there on a permit, but had it trucked to the All American Day the following year, and sold it not long after. The bloke who bought it later sold it to his mate, whom I believe still owns it. Good memory there Pete.
If you are going to get a big car, might as well get a BIG car! Cheers.

Back