Interesting windshield wipers

Ironwolf

Reaction score
Wiper Assist Jeep Wrangler Frozen Wiper Demo

Wiper Assist Jeep Wrangler Frozen Wiper Demo

If you’ve ever lived in an area where you’ve had to brave the harsh winter elements, you probably know about the struggle of making sure that your vehicle is ready to tackle the weather.

Even after you get all of the snow cleared away, ice may remain making the cleaning process all that much harder. unwanted ice might even sneak up on you while you’re driving.

Instead of going through repeatedly cleaning off your wipers, this innovation from Motor City Wipers might just come in handy for all of your ice clearing needs.

Check out the video below of a Jeep Wrangler hooked up with the creative wiper mechanism that actually picks the wipers up and bangs them on the windshield, saving the driver time and possibly making their ride even safer!

No lie. I would tie a string from the wiper to go around the blind spot mirror bracket at the front of the fender and back to my side window. A few tugs of the string would break the ice buildup off the blade.
I didn't like stopping on the Mass Turnpike at 3:00 AM during a blizzard every 5 miles.

I hope I'm not the only one laughed his *** of at that. Not only does the name make me cringe, somebody's gonna be pissed when they crack thier glass. Don't get me wrong ,I know it sounds harsh. It is a solution to a problem but......seems primitive.

A friend had a heated washer system he built himself. He wrapped 1/8 copper tubing around the exhaust pipe right after the manifold. About ten wraps or so. Then the washer fluid hoses were connected. He always claimed it worked well for him, but I never tried it.

Heated blades and or squirt won't clear ice or slush, for that you need a scraper. When it's cold you need to heat the windshield slowly otherwise any tiny stone chip can initiate a window wide crack.

Michigan born and raised, the best answer I've been able to come up with as far as ice on the windshield......is my garage! When I have to park outside during snow I let it run until the windshield is clear. I absolutely hate those lazy asshats that drive around with thier windows covered in snow. They're a danger to themselves and everyone else on the road. I have a name for lazy people such as those....walmartians!!

I want something like them on my F350 plow,, to me that would be a great item along with my heated mirrors,,,,,,,, the never seem to want to work. :mad: until it gets to be 35 degrees & rainy

Honestly.......with all of the technological advances of today I am very suprise we don't already have heated wipers, windshields and hovercars! My only 2 issues with his contraption are the name"wiper assist" which to me sounds like a fancy new toiletries option, and the smack smack smack of the wipers , I'm not sure how hard it's hitting but I would be worried in bitter conditions. After re-reading my 1st post I realized it kinda makes me sound like a d@&k! Of which I am, I'm still not sure if I like "sounding" like one tho;).

Back