For Sale Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking car. Always loved those '79 300s. But, in the pics of the undercarriage the car has no exhaust. If he's removed the cats it will not be able to be purchased by anyone in California. Same for the lean-burn; if it's gone it'll be a no-sale here.
As much as I'd like to have some of these cars I'm not touching anything that needs a smog check.

Alan

I hear ya ,Nevada has some things that work for us.67 and older cars no smog required.Cars and trucks that are 25 years and older can get classic plates with a maximum mileage of 5000 a year.A smog test after removing the cats and smog pumps showed cleaner than before..I understand that it won't pass California visual inspection. Again thanks guys for forgiveness. I got a bit testy.Ruff week.Oldest daughter moved back home the same day mother-in-law moved in,,,,,Whew !

redeemed-and-forgiven.jpg

Is this guy taking a leak ?!?

Last edited:
Throwing hints to my wife, she doesn't seem thrilled at the prospect of a 2nd classic yet though. I'd love to have this, I had a 79 Cordoba that was NOT a 300 but still had a 360, white with read leather. Differences were mine had the standard Cordoba wheel covers and grill and a white landau vinyl top. My pinstripes were only red, not red and blue and no 300 badges, chevrons under the window, "vents" on the quarters etc. I wish I would have taken pics of those cars I used to have. I can register it as a classic in PA so no worries about emissions for me.

Here's a pic of what mine looked like but not the one I owned. again, mine had the same red leather as this one.

79chry76306-1.jpg

Umm if she had any idea the amount of car stuff I have squirreled away she'd kill me...

We have a saying in the car biz

Wives kill more car deals than Liberals have excuses

LOL....I can afford the car now but I can't afford the divorce that would likely follow. :BangHead:

they are great cars for what they were built for, as a personal luxury car. Otherwise they are completely useless... it amazed me when I had the Córdoba. Such a big car, and really could only carry 2 adults comfortably. Back seat is useless. Trunk is only good for a couple bags. And there's 20 ft of car there.

I still love em though!
This is true of many if not most full size coupes, I've seen Cadillac Eldorados at car shows and as big as they are, rear seat legroom is lacking. Years ago, we had a little Austin MK2 1800 which had more front and rear legroom than many other much bigger cars, guess it comes down to what people want their car for.

I hear ya ,Nevada has some things that work for us.67 and older cars no smog required.Cars and trucks that are 25 years and older can get classic plates with a maximum mileage of 5000 a year.A smog test after removing the cats and smog pumps showed cleaner than before..I understand that it won't pass California visual inspection. Again thanks guys for forgiveness. I got a bit testy.Ruff week.Oldest daughter moved back home the same day mother-in-law moved in,,,,,Whew !
Darter6... 67 and older is good, except for Cali, which was 2 years earlier. Federal still makes the removal of any devices illegal, which should only matter if you sell or try to get a pro to work on the system that was modified.

Cats removed opens the door for any US buyer to bring suit against a seller and allows LEOs to get creative if they choose. For the most part, all you need worry about is local enforcement... but in a sale, I would go with documented "as-is" verbiage and disclose the exhaust was that way when you purchased (regardless of reality). This is usually only a licensed dealer problem, but can become a civil matter for anyone.
LOL....I can afford the car now but I can't afford the divorce that would likely follow. :BangHead:
I offer no advice for that, I lucked out and I know it. She has little say in how I spend or what I buy, although she still reserves the right to make my life miserable if I push it.

Teach me Obi Wan....
Stan has it correct, I'm mostly on the same level as everyone else. My one advantage is that she already divorced me a few years ago, and then decided to stay on. She might be able to use every other tactic of misery women know, but the financial stuff is done.

Probably doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure she will just stab me in my sleep if I get too arrogant about things.

There's a decent looking '78 for sale in Fresno, Clovis actually, I saw it twice but was not in a position to stop either time. Car looked good, but I've no idea of the price or condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back