just finished watching the trilogy of Walking Tall movies on Buford Pusser, great story without the

sauterd

Reaction score
buford1.jpg
buford2.jpg

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the movies, but in case not, they did use current cars when filmed, but the incidents actually happened from 1964-around 1970 or so. anyway, another interesting C body tie was found in the book "State Line Mob" which who Pusser went on to fight. It seems one of the criminals on the lower end was "Towhead" White killed by a gunshot through the windshield of his brand new, green 1969 Chrysler (appears to be a Newport) anyway you can see a very poor quality shot at about 3:25 at this video

in the book they also have a blood-stained interior shot and mention that the authorities drove the car back for evidence with blood and all. Anyway, i guess a bit of a diversion but interesting. I also used to own a 66 Hemi Satellite that came from this area, and was told be the seller that it was a moonshine car and tuned by the same guy that did Pusser's cars. I sure wish I still had that one. Ok, back to more important things...

Dale

Great movies, and a great story about one hell of a great guy. If you are down in Tenn. you should check out his museum that is run by his daughter. A lot of cool stuff and pictures.

Great movies, and a great story about one hell of a great guy. If you are down in Tenn. you should check out his museum that is run by his daughter. A lot of cool stuff and pictures.
thanks, yeah, I've' been, but it's been years, need to go back.

I was 15 when these moves came out and cemented my decision to pursue law enforcement as a career path. After 29 years of service and knowing there are not that many left I still get motivated watching these movies. I hope some young person watches these again and will make the same career choices especially in these difficult times.

I was 15 when these moves came out and cemented my decision to pursue law enforcement as a career path. After 29 years of service and knowing there are not that many left I still get motivated watching these movies. I hope some young person watches these again and will make the same career choices especially in these difficult times.
excellent story, Pete. I salute you guys and your great work !!

Thank you for your service Pete. Please stay safe out there.

Very cool movies, story and history!
The first part of the video mentions the mob being ran out of Phoenix City. I think the mob left willingly after living there myself! I worked in Columbus Ga. I think you said before you were stationed at one point at Fort Benning, which was nearby Phoenix.

Yep, good movies, the 'modern' ones from the 2000s with The Rock and Kevin Sorbo were OK. The Rock was better, more entertaining IMO, while the Sorbo ones seemed to be following a Hollywood formula too much.

But gotta love Joe Don Baker and Bo Svenson, 2 great actors that are unappreciated by modern movie-goers.

I didn't become a police officer because I wasn't going to get my hair cut....

Back