looking for a new fuel tank 72 fury wagon

Jonesboy2

Reaction score
How's it going everyone, as the title states I have a 1972 fury wagon, i am in the process of restoring it to being reliably drivable and started with the fuel system, the whole car is original and sat for quite some time and the fuel tank is awful. I dread dealing with cleaning and resurfacing the old tank so I wanted to buy a new one but I can't find any anywhere! I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction of finding one, every website I have come across so far has nothing for my model and year... so all help would be much appreciated! Thank you

I have been through this myself. The reality is that no one reproduces these tanks, so your only option really is to find a decent used one and have it refurbished. Guys like Murray Park might have something or another wrecking yard. On a C body, you have to remove the rear leaf spring front mount and move the leaf spring/axle forward to remove or install the tank as well, so don't be surprised when it is harder than you imagine going into it.

I will take note of that, dang..... and I already got my old one out, but I took off the brakes and axle shaft and pulled it through the wheel well. Took me a while to figure that out haha. My current tank has minimum surface rust inside but no flaking, and it's leaking from somewhere on the bottom

I will take note of that, dang..... and I already got my old one out, but I took off the brakes and axle shaft and pulled it through the wheel well. Took me a while to figure that out haha. My current tank has minimum surface rust inside but no flaking, and it's leaking from somewhere on the bottom
A good radiator shop should be able to look at it and tell you if it repairable.

Alan

Back