Louisville Mecum Auction

72Fury

Reaction score
I spent yesterday at the auction, what a blast. Got to ride in a Hellcat as well!
DSCF9559.JPG

DSCF9546.JPG

DSCF9572.JPG

DSCF9548.JPG

DSCF9562.JPG

DSCF9574.JPG

Dodge was giving Hellcat & Viper rides. I got in before the rain, but here is a few close ups. The cars had a side exhaust not available on the production cars. I also scored the really rare 72 Plymouth police brochure. A great day.

DSCF9612.JPG

DSCF9613.JPG

DSCF9616.JPG

DSCF9617.JPG

DSCF9619.JPG

The Hellcats were really neat. Amazing Dodge would do it, of course you did have to sign every right away, but still incredible. The driver in my car, the white one, said that they use the cars for a year before selling them.

Any auction results......?
Many went unsold. Some were just priced stupid.. and some did not get anytime up on the block/timing was wrong. The yellow 67 Corvette for instance was the second to last to go through the auction. That was a factory 427 tri power Vette. The bidding went to only 70k. Half price, maybe more.

I think a bidders card was $200. I got a general pass for $30. I didn't get into the "Gold" area, lol, but I'm good. Had a blast. Someone told me it cost $750 just to enter your car & then you still paid 10% seller fee & 10% buyer fee.

The most impressive part of the whole auction was the presence that Dodge had. Dodge was sponsoring a good portion of the auction. I need to download the video of the Hellcat rides. Incredible. That was better than the actual auction! Dodge rules!

I think this engine bay treatment looks just hideous.

85808-89218c3043471cf2160b0b64653f8010.jpg
Why hideous? I like the white inside the engine bay. It gives it a clean look and a nice contrast to the engine color and other colors, like the hose ends, etc. I was there Fri. I didn't see that red 'Cuda you have pictures of. The Chargers were Hellcats, as well.

Why hideous? I like the white inside the engine bay. It gives it a clean look and a nice contrast to the engine color and other colors, like the hose ends, etc. I was there Fri. I didn't see that red 'Cuda you have pictures of. The Chargers were Hellcats, as well.
In my opinion, an all-black compartment would look better. That is way too much contrast.

The early Mark I Tigers were 260's, Most were 289's. Funny thing. Sunbeam was bought by Chrysler and the later Ford powered Tigers were sold in Chrysler dealerships. They didn't last long after that.
Guy that my brother in law bought the lifts from had one that he races, cool little car.

Did you ride in one of the Hellcats? Picture of the AMX with the white engine bay. It was a nice car.
DSCF9560.JPG
DSCF9572.JPG

The bidding on the Cuda stalled out at 100k. I've seen the red AAR for several years, always for sale. He wanted 100k last time I talked to him. Bidding went to something around 70k on that one, no sale.

I think that AMX may be an authentic factory super-stocker because of that very rare dual-quad cross-ram intake which is a one-year-only factory racecar piece from '69.

Back